Thread: Pas2C64

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    as usual paul you make incredible work !
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/

Quote Originally Posted by farcodev View Post
    as usual paul you make incredible work !
    thanks mate

You are very good yourself, looking at your game screenshots!

cheers,
    Paul

Talking

May be you remember I started a compiler for Z-80 (here). Currently it's in stand by (as most of my current projects) but it has a complete parser and is able to compile "ASM".

I'll take a look to your project to steal some code.
    No signature provided yet.

LOL! I will have to release some code first

cheers,
    Paul

Since I have added a WriteLn() command (for strings only ATM) to pas2c64, I decided to make a "hello world" example! LOL

I skipped the basic loader to save some vertical space...

It might not be the most exciting code ever, but it works <G>
    cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 08-02-2011 at 11:34 AM.

hmmmmm.... nostalgia.. (remember of my C64 in faк far past ^_^)

Great, keep it going !
    Theory is - when you know everything but nothing works.
    Practice is - when all works, but you don't know why.
    We combine theory and practice - nothing works and nobody knows why

Blog Entries
    Hmm is that PDN in the background? 1 word man: Sweet. Not M$ paint or something paid for but open source goodness I miss very much as a native app in linux, yes Pinta and others have their benefits, but its never the same is it?

Anyway, nice work. I especially like that editor. Keep it up dude
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthman View Post
    hmmmmm.... nostalgia.. (remember of my C64 in faк far past ^_^)

Great, keep it going !
    <Homer Simpson accent>MMMMMMMMMMMMM...............NOSTALGIA...... ..</Homer Simpson accent>

haha!

Thanks for the support

cheers,
    Paul

Cool to see someone else targeting retro hardware... I just finished a DOS game targeting a 128k 4.77mhz 8088 as the minimum spec... though I've been also working in DEFT Pascal on the TRS-80 Color Computer.

Was there no original pascal compiler for the C64 in the first place? Admittedly, a modern optimizing compiler meant for the target system would be a huge step up (just compare TP7 to TP3) but surely there must have been SOMETHING.

I mean, on the Coco we had three -- OS/9 Pascal (which sucked but is what most people used), DEFT Pascal (the only one that made standalone .bin files you could cloadm or loadm and exec while having access to all 64k of memory if present) and StarPAS (which was just a p-code interpreter)... surely there must have been something for the C=64.

Don't suppose you are planning on adding VIC=20 support to that? Just thinking I've still got one here. (along with my 64K coco 1 and my Tandy 1000EX)

Writing programs for old systems is having an interesting side effect -- at least for me... portability. Emulators are ported to pretty much every modern system, so by writing a game for an old machine, you suddenly make it available to everyone.
    The accessibility of a website from time to time must be refreshed with the blood of designers and owners. It is its natural manure