Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pas2C64

Envy... I have my Pascal compiler project for Z-80 death right now, and I can't work on it now.
    No signature provided yet.

PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    Paul this is all kinds of awesome! Perhaps one day this means I can re-create my first ever computer program on the C64 in pascal!

"What is your name? John
    What is your age? 8

Wow, that's amazing John, I'm 8 years old too!"
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

Quote Originally Posted by ?ëu?±o Mart??nez View Post
    Envy... I have my Pascal compiler project for Z-80 death right now, and I can't work on it now.
    Why can't you work on it? You just don't feel like it?

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by phibermon View Post
    Paul this is all kinds of awesome! Perhaps one day this means I can re-create my first ever computer program on the C64 in pascal!

"What is your name? John
    What is your age? 8

Wow, that's amazing John, I'm 8 years old too!"
    haha! Brilliant

I am going to be a while away from this point though yet

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Hey paul, just dropping in... Any news on progress and what works? just wondering out of interest, it would be quite the cool project. I might just dig up some source from an earlier terminal games I made and port them to one of the many C64 emulators on Ubuntu App Store (ok software centre before someone get offended )...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Hey mate

Well, it barely does anything yet - You can poke memory locations with values, and write out strings and numbers, but that is about it for now LOL

I now have code to create c64 floating point numbers in my parser so this is quite useful...

Hopefully I will get it doing something more very soon

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    write out strings and numbers,
    Thats half of what I would need right there How are the if...else and arithmetic operatios coming along? Almost done in my book for its first public compilation.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    Thats half of what I would need right there How are the if...else and arithmetic operatios coming along? Almost done in my book for its first public compilation.
    I haven't done if then or other flow control constructs yet or arithmetic operations yet, but I hope to get those in "soon" - I need to figure out how I am going to do boolean with the 6502 for starters

cheers,
    Paul

Nice! I have now gotten the parsing of expressions added in

It spits out an expression list (operand operand operator ....) so I can check the output..."all I have to do now" (tm) is make it output some code for expressions haha

cheers,
    Paul

Ok, for the time being, I am going to support these types in my compiler - integer (signed 16-bit), single (32-bit), and string (up to 255 characters max)...

I can now read in Pascal syntax constants and variables using these standard types, and store them in generated assembly code.

I feel I am very close to actually doing some assignment statements, and probably some math too in the compiler

I have also found out how to detect key presses, so I will have routines for this too; WaitForAnyKey and WaitForKey(some key code), and probably even IsKeyPressed(some key code).

I think I know how I will do inputting of strings from the keyboard (not sure about numbers though yet)...

cheers,
    Paul

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast