Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Three Bobs - Game for Windows, Linux and iPhone

Blog Entries
    Lookin' good Relfos!

A lot of work has obviously gone into this so far, especially if it's already supported on multiple platforms. When you say iPhone do you also mean there will be an iPad (or universal iOS) version too?

I can see some neat cell-shading you've added to the graphics no? Works well for visual effect.

Let us (me especially) know when this game goes out into the App Store or goes on sale.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Lookin' good Relfos!

A lot of work has obviously gone into this so far, especially if it's already supported on multiple platforms. When you say iPhone do you also mean there will be an iPad (or universal iOS) version too?

I can see some neat cell-shading you've added to the graphics no? Works well for visual effect.

Let us (me especially) know when this game goes out into the App Store or goes on sale.
    I don't have an iPad for testing, but it should work fine, I think.
    And yes, it has cel shading, fully implemented on the CPU, as the game does not use shaders.

For anyone interested in beta testing the game (if you have an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad), there some positions open, signup here
    http://bit.ly/gpGMnT

Blog Entries
    Hey will, you aren't saying you have an iPad do you? Damn I wouldnt mind an iPad2. Reminds me, I might get my hands on one of the first gen ones for next weekend, just for the weekend, but hey; lets hope I don't get converted to the apple side also now; Ive been from Win32 -> ubuntu 9.x -> SUSE -> ubuntu 10.10+ so hooray. Personally I prefer APT over YUM (no wars please).

Just a thought relfos: how much CPU power does an iPad have compared to a desktop CPU? I should think the A chip from apple is quite hot on its' tail right? I remember they make some killer ARM chips still, right? Oh, and what library is this written with or is it stand alone from the ground up?

cheers,
    looks nice.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

I think the iPad 2 has a 1.2ghz dual core or something like that, so it is quite good.
    About the game, it is written in a custom pascal engine, with some bits of objective-c for the iOS port.
    I will probably release a comercial license for the engine later, as lots of people have shown interest in it

Blog Entries
    Nice stuff then, might look into that after all, and a dual core ARM chip? Thats some heavy stuff.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Hi again!
    There's a new video of this project!

The game is almost finished

Hi Relfos !

Very happy for you ! The game looks awesome, gfx is great
    You have find designer for charachers ?
    --> Have you a web site for this game ? or a mailing list outside PGD ?

second little question :
    I would love to make cross plateforme code on iphone with fpc, I took a look to fpc site, but no more for instance.
    What is your experience about cross dev with fpc in this field ?
    Is it difficult for a pure object-pascal man ? )

by, and good luck for commercial road.

Hi Vinzvega!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzvega View Post
    You have find designer for charachers ?
    Yes, I paid a cartoonist to redesign the characters, they look much better now!
    --> Have you a web site for this game ? or a mailing list outside PGD ?
    There is a website for the game, is still under construction though. http://sushiquest.net/

second little question :
    I would love to make cross plateforme code on iphone with fpc, I took a look to fpc site, but no more for instance.
    What is your experience about cross dev with fpc in this field ?
    Is it difficult for a pure object-pascal man ? )
    Well, it is a bit difficult, you have to spend lots of time searching for documentation.
    In the end my code features a mix of Objective-C and Pascal for the iPhone version, and pure pascal for all others platforms.
    I think now there is a way to work in iPhone without using Objective-C, but you'll have to use something called Objective-Pascal, I don't know much about that.

by, and good luck for commercial road.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Relfos View Post
    Hi Vinzvega!

There is a website for the game, is still under construction though. http://sushiquest.net/

Well, it is a bit difficult, you have to spend lots of time searching for documentation.
    In the end my code features a mix of Objective-C and Pascal for the iPhone version, and pure pascal for all others platforms.
    I think now there is a way to work in iPhone without using Objective-C, but you'll have to use something called Objective-Pascal, I don't know much about that.

Thank you!
    Nice site ! I very hope you'll have good back on it.

For the cross platefom side (ios), unfortunally, it was my impression, and you confirm it.
    technicaly, it is very hard for me, to dig in your path.
    So I think I'll continue to integrate stuff on higher level and waiting for less complicated path to ios with pascalobject.

this morning, I'll take your old version of leaf2 (200 and trying to integrate it on Delphi XE2 (beta5) throught my OO components (www.objectupstudio.com) and, apart char/ansichar and bigindian stuff, that's work well.

--> I try in xe2 by curiosity : see if embeded osx compiler can handle your code.
    --> I'm pretty agree with you to not componentize always all stuffs like video game libs, but I think we can find a middle path for it.

Read you soon, Relfos, do not foget to poke us when your game is ready, my ipad on startink block !

Vinz

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Relfos View Post
    May I ask you what kind of expense this was and if you don't mind could you send me a PM with their information or how you can get a hold of them or see some of their work? I'm currently looking to shop out the complete remaking of all my Garland's Quest graphics.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast