Thread: Sign indicator on OpenGL

Smile Sign indicator on OpenGL

Hi all!

I offer realization of the sign indicator on OpenGL. As such example an electronic clock can serve. The sign indicator is able to display all figures and some letters of the English alphabet. Possibilities: an inclination of symbols, scaling, a color choice. All is very simple, doesn't use textures and fonts.

Screen:

Download link: Sample Digit (src)
    Download link: Sample Digit (bin)

Have fun.
    Last edited by kordal; 24-01-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Thumbs up

Interesting, thanks for the sharing
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/

I just noticed in code and source that the scaling gives a little issues. Using glScale have some unwanted effects, like in my case the small fps text has 2 pixel wide top part where middle and lower parts are 1 pixel. It also attaches the parts tight together in small size, when parts have the proper gap in larger size. It could also use vertex arrays for speed.

Is it just me or would you create the middle part of 6 vertex triangle_strip instead of 2 separately handled quads?

The small text should be set property "width" and "height". Property "Scale" use for the size more than 10-15.
    The geometry can be drawn quads, I do not argue. Vertex array didn't begin to use, this complication of a code When wrote the sign indicator, there was an interest to look that will turn out as a result.
    If will make changes, please share a source code

Is it just me or would you create the middle part of 6 vertex triangle_strip instead of 2 separately handled quads?
    As all geometry is drawn by triangles, it was necessary to draw an average part from 4 triangles for use glBegin, glEnd 1 time. If to draw quads it is possible to make two separate squares with the general party.
    Last edited by kordal; 29-01-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Thanks for this! Very interesting. Would this be faster than drawing with textured quads? Of course there is memory usage advantage.
    Current projects with Delphi & Lazarus: Dage - Dog Adventure Game Engine.

Please! Use on health. When wrote, about textures didn't think. And should work faster