Thread: Problem with FreePascal + MacOS

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Is there something different to take care when compiling for mac?
    Although I do not know all of the specifics, to that statement I would answer: more than you can possibly imagine. It is not necessarily a different way to do it the problem lies more in the fact that when something goes wrong forget your nice $message windows gives you or your segfault. Ever heard mac never crashes (although I beg to differ) it continues - good luck. I have seen so many mac issues in these forums it makes my head spin.

If you use the fp editor I know there is a debug compile option - I would say try it because it works in my cases to make things just that much more stable. Otherwise WILLs the guy to see or anyone else with a mac. Or perhaps you would consider making the jump to linux and all its open-source goodness? Slackware, Arch and Ubuntu: its all good.

Did you ensure the dev libraries are installed for the units you use and more importantly those .so (dyna-thingy lib on mac I think) are in place? The above happens on linux too if you dont have the libs

Not much help I know, but I'm no mac fanboy but its a mac thread so posting is mandatory

edit: hey, now I think of it, wasn't it you that uses Arch Andru? That part of your avatar looks familiar...

PS: Have been looking into arch myself - what your idle ram on those machines? I must be honest though - I am looking into compiz
    Last edited by code_glitch; 02-02-2011 at 10:48 PM.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.