Thread: Ok, newbie(ruffly translates as stupid) directx question

Ok, newbie(ruffly translates as stupid) directx question

I'm new to DirectX on the whole(For delphi, bar a short stint with DelphiX). I managed to get a few frameworks written up in visual basic(but i cant stand the language and want to code my stuff in delphi as its my fave lang). Other than clooties site i cant seem to find any decent tutorials. Clooties stuff is great but what i really need are step by step tutorials so i can actually learn what the code is doing(rather than just having commented code to work through). Tutorials in the same kind of vain as the DirectX4Vb site.

I hope this is in the right place, i didn't want to post it into the tutorials sub-forum as its more of a "Help Me!" question.
    ArA¬± tHArA¬ß wA¬?Ar|A_ gA¬?A¬±A< mA¬•A_, wA< wAr|| A¬±A¬? |A¬?A¬±gA<Ar A¬ßA_A¬•A¬±k tHA< mA¬?A¬±kA<A¬•, tHA< mA¬?A¬±kA<A¬• wAr|| A¬ßA_A¬•A¬±k A¬ºA¬ß. - J

Hi !

Welcome here

If you can wait a little, a part of DGDev staff is now writing tuts and articles on DirectX (and on other subject).

If my memory is good The Lion is the one who makes DirectX basis

So just wait a little (I hope a little ^^) and you'll have what you want

Anyway if you are searching for good framework, I advise you to take Lord Trancos' one (seacrh for dxLab opn the web because I no longer have the URL). It's the one I use

Hope that helps ^^

Bye

Hey thanx man

I'll wait and see if i can figure some of it out myself until then. I found the DxLab sites you mentioned:

...::: DxLab Spanish :::... //Edited For Correctness

...::: DxLab English :::...
    ArA¬± tHArA¬ß wA¬?Ar|A_ gA¬?A¬±A< mA¬•A_, wA< wAr|| A¬±A¬? |A¬?A¬±gA<Ar A¬ßA_A¬•A¬±k tHA< mA¬?A¬±kA<A¬•, tHA< mA¬?A¬±kA<A¬• wAr|| A¬ßA_A¬•A¬±k A¬ºA¬ß. - J

I happen to know a little dutch myself and I'm very sure that is not a dutch site. (I wish it were though)

On the english site there is a link to the Spanish site so my guess is that it is Spanish
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

Yea, i wasn't sure if it was dutch or not. The spanish links off to a different site(I didn't actually click the link, jus hovered it). I know the .tk host but cant place it. Sorry for the mis-information, mebbe i should get a job at pcworld in tech support

cairnswm is right It's a link to the Spanish site

yea i did check after my last post. The tk must be a redirect.