Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
That kind of falls into the 'too many cooks spoil the soup' scenario. More coders doesn't make a better project nessissarily. Yes the project could benefit from more people to tackle the LCL problem (huge workload, not enough coders to do it all), but there are other problems that plague the project that have nothing to do with the amount of coders contributing to it.
I don't agree. And as far as I understood noone called you lazy, or insinuated that. But I think that would be starting to stride from the objectivity topic of the topic at hand.

It's not incredible goals the project is trying to achieve. It just seems to me that some people put the wrong expectations on the program(lazarus). Working with GDB isn't exactly magic, but it varies alot from each platform apparently, so I don't know why it's only Martin and Marc working on it. There's a standard, but GDB implementors don't even follow it themselves. I think I'll try abstracting it in the future because I need remote debugging to debug AVR32's

"Good opensource software is created out of necessity; not necessarily altruism" - I think Marco Van Der Voort said something like that once

As far as I've understood it's the only same guy who's been working on the official documentation for the last 10 years. Without getting paid of course

"In opensource projects there aren't any lack of people telling others which direction to take; only lack of people willing to implement those changes" - Some other dude from one of the epic the Embacadero threads on Lazarus