Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glscene Ubuntu Working ?

Glscene Ubuntu Working ?

Hi,
    I'm trying to install glscene on Ubuntu 10.10
    I have Lazarus installed in my home dir. not sure why I did that or how (still new to linux).
    anyway Lazarus seems to work fine there. It can recompile from there and I've been useing it for some time with no problems. now I'm tring to install glsene latest downloadable snapshot. it seems to compile fine but then I get linking error's when rebuilding lazarus.

/usr/bin/ld: warning: ../link.res contains output sections; did you forget -T?
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLU
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXxf86vm
    /home/carver413/lazarus/ide/lazarus.pp(127,1) Error: Error while linking
    /home/carver413/lazarus/ide/lazarus.pp(127,1) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping

don't have a clue what is needed here. please help

You should install these dev-packages: libgl1-mesa-dev, libglu1-mesa-dev and libxxf86vm-dev

Thanks that did the trick. I'm trying to get the ODE to compile now I installed libode-dev (just guessing) but I'm still missing something.

/home/carver413/programing/GLScene_v1.1_October_2010_SVN_revision_5227/Source/PhysicsAPIs/GLSModuleLoader.pas(1,1) Fatal: Can't find unit Libc used by GLSModuleLoader

/home/carver413/programing/GLScene_v1.1_October_2010_SVN_revision_5227/Source/PhysicsAPIs/GLSModuleLoader.pas(1,1) Fatal: Can't find unit Libc used by GLSModuleLoader
    There is no libc unit in FreePascal for 64-bit Linux, and not recommended to use it on 32-bit Linux. So, this is a problem with GLScene. Try to remove Libc from uses in GLSModuleLoader.pas, and add these functions after implementation:
    Code:
    function dlopen ( Name : PChar; Flags : longint) : Pointer; cdecl; external 'dl';
    function dlclose( Lib : Pointer) : Longint; cdecl; external 'dl';
    function dlsym  ( Lib : Pointer; Name : Pchar) : Pointer; cdecl; external 'dl';
    Maybe it will help, but I can't guarantee this

Blog Entries
    oh, that darn libc again. i made the mistake too but mine took a week to solve. i however do not believe the cdecl to be necessary - i have yet to find a lib that needs it
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    There is no libc unit in FreePascal for 64-bit Linux, and not recommended to use it on 32-bit Linux. So, this is a problem with GLScene. Try to remove Libc from uses in GLSModuleLoader.pas, and add these functions after implementation:
    Code:
    function dlopen ( Name : PChar; Flags : longint) : Pointer; cdecl; external 'dl';
    thanks I'll give it a try

Somebody got it working with the latest SVN snapshot?

Blog Entries
    What errors are you having trouble with? might be that you are missing some dev libs...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Code:
    Oh, and instead of doing this, then import the dl unit, or even better: the dynlibs unit
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Blog Entries
    It only just dawned on me: dude, no libc? WTF? I mean, I've seen so many libs use that and all I heard was that quite a few people weren't sure whether it was dead or not... Looks like I might need to do some cat and grep to find out if I have any dependencies on it...

At a point, wasn't there 2 libcs? I recall changing LibC to some other package and seeing everything compile fine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast