Thread: zglTMemory

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well, the problem (if you can call it that) is that you don't get a hint of whats causing the error(in my case anyway). If you can solve that somehow then that'd be great.
    I quite like how you can choose between a dll or including the units yourself. To be honest it is one of the downsides of PyroGine, where you are forced to use the (imo bloated) dll.

Maybe more hints in a log file would be cool. Having no DLL is great advantage since with SDL engine you need to carry 3 or 6 libraries.

There is one minus that when you use static linking you must release the ugly source code. Well if I am right about LGPL licence.
    Last edited by gintasdx; 17-02-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gintasdx
    There is one minus that when you use static linking you must release the ugly source code. Well if I am right about LGPL licence.
    Yes, you are right, and this is the only thing which I "ask for" in return for a lot of my open source code But as author I can make an exception for someone
    Last edited by Andru; 17-02-2011 at 07:05 PM.

How does one use the dll anyway? I haven't seen it in the zengl archive. And when I remove the {Define static} it gives an error. (error while loading zengl)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    I haven't seen it in the zengl archive.
    Because compilers are different(Delphi 2009+ wants 2-byte char's in type String) I dont provide dll in archive(also everyone can configure functionality of dll), you must build it by yourself. Go to src directory and open Delphi/Lazarus directory, there are project files for this IDE's. All this process is explained on google-wiki. Then put compiled dll inside bin/i386 or bin/x86_64, and you will be able to start demos which was compiled without define STATIC.
    Last edited by Andru; 18-02-2011 at 05:29 AM.