Thread: Alpha Blend, multiple alpha masks and textures?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PGDCE Developer
    So it seems that if I scale the grass_alpha texture that the texture2 that is applied gets the same scale.

What I am looking for is to tile grass_texture and then stretch the grass_alpha mask and the tile dirt_texture. ten blend that together to get the above image results. Above looks to be the way I want it however it is not actually working the way I want it to. I would like to hear from somebody, if you have no clue what I am asking for just tell me. Or even if you know but have no clue how to do it, some possible suggestions, or even a library that has this capability in it that I could look at.

this is all I have been working on for 3 days now, and I still don't even have one reply

You wrote a post on the GLScene forum, so maybe yarunderoaker will help you.
    For me it is too complicated and I think it is better not to use GLScene for this - just write a tool to create any texture you want and then insert it to GLMaterialLibrary.

Another solution is to write your own shader material and use transparency of mask file (.png) for the final color:
    gl_FragColor = TextureColor;
    gl_FragColor.a = MaskTextureColor.a;

PGDCE Developer
    Well I think I have found the solution however I do not think that I will be able to implement it using GLScene. So, I guess I am going to be working on my own Material and Texturing code The key part I need is multiple texture maps for a single mesh that overlap