Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Horrorween

Horrorween

By the way, is there any way to view the online score without playing ?

Horrorween

Good game!

But...
    It's not working in OpenGL mode (same simptoms as described above). Throw Software and "DirectX emulation" (don't know that does it means) both works.
    System: WinXP, DirectX 9.0b, Radeon 9500 (Cat3..

By the way in DirectX frame rate is around 300FPS, and videocard seems to buffer some frames, so I'm getting mouse lag - to avoid it one need to lock backbuffer at the and of frame. If frame locking is not possible there are some other ways to do it - mail me privately on this.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Horrorween

Crisp_N_Dry: Good to hear you like it. About Crimsonland, 3 out of 4 of the people involved most in this game hasn't played Crimsonland.. If the last one got his ideas from there I'll let him answer ;-)

Lithander: Thanks, there is no plans on anything at the moment regarding source release. But it's a good idea for a tutorial at some point, I'll check with the Network Master ;-)

Avatar: Not at the moment, but I'm interested in some option like that, so you never know You're still on top at this point, good work

Clootie: Thanks, I'll have the experts answer you on this one.
    _____
    Eriken

---- There is nothing like delegating upwards ----

Horrorween

Hehe at a first look it is true that the game "looks" like Crimsonland. But any top view shooter with a lot of monsters will look like that. And don't forget that Crimsonland looks like Robotron or Gauntlet too

We are currently working on a system that will allow everyone to look at the hiscores from the website.

Blog Entries

Horrorween

Addictive little game. You guys did an awesome job. Quality is great. If it were port-able you could easily make an excellent cult console game from this.

If I were to make an addon, I'd have more weapons that you could collect(Grenades-limited supply from pick-ups, a flame thrower, and for the really funky a lightnight gun), maybe a story mode(I'm guessing this or something like it has been planned?) And maybe more monsters, etc.

Multi-player would be fun too. Of course you'd need to have yet, more monsters coming at you! :twisted:

I'm having fun with it, I hope you guys can add more stuff to it. I'm actually supprised that you guys haven't considered making it shareware.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Horrorween

Thanks for the feedback Will :-)

Our "New Features"-list is rather long already with interesting ideas and everyone elses comments/ideas has been written down as well :-)

We just have to figure out what we want to do and if it's doable first :-)

About releasing it as a shareware, I'm not sure we've considered that at all with this release, I atleast haven't. But of course, we could just make something really addictive and then sell it for millions later.. :twisted:
    _____
    Eriken

Blog Entries

Horrorween

Oh hmm... one more thing. :lol: I know, I know... But you guys have to make that rocket launcher a bit more powerful. It seems to do no more damage than a shot gun(well maybe knocks them back a few pixels more).

And there is a bug that you guys should know about though: When I have alot off monsters on my screen and it starts to slow down(esp with the slowdown pick-up) I can shoot right through monsters and not even hurt them. Kind of fustrating when your pushing for a place on the high scores.

Hated to do it after giving such a nice post on it before, but felt you guys should know.

Eriken: Hmm... maybe you guys could release a second version of the game with story, multiplayer and all and sell that one. Using a future version of the Baslisk Engine...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Horrorween

Hehe, no worries Will, it can't be 100% perfect forever ;-) It's been running amazingly well so far.

About the amount of monsters on the screen, you know you're supposed to kill them right? And for the power of the rocket, will probably discuss it soon, what we'll do :-)

Will, you wouldn't be the one named William on the Highscore-list would you? ;-)

And for the future of Basilisk and Horrorween, you'll just have to wait and see ;-)
    _____
    Eriken

Blog Entries

Horrorween

LOL I wish! I'm still trying to get on there! Let alone be the top guy. Too many errands to run today. That and the bullet hopping(going right past the monster, but not hitting him) thing is hurting my score too. :/

Well, more guts, gore and explosions for me please.

If you guys release anything about the Basilisk Engine do let me know, please.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Horrorween

I can throw in a pennies worth here on the rocket launcher...

RL was/is designed to take out bosses, a boss should die much quicker when shot with this weapon.

Will, do you mean, that in slow motion mode the bullets pass right through them?

actually of course you do, thats what you said.. Im wondering excactly how much slower does it go for you, when you dont have the slowmo bonus?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast