Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Horrorween

Horrorween

A great game, I just have one suggestion. I think the pickups should be better balanced, once I got 3 or 4 projectile multipliers in a row which are much, much more useful (being permanent and all) than say slow (which makes the score highly dependant on what type of pickups appear), maybe when generating new pickup?¢_Ts type you should exclude last pickups type.

Blog Entries

Horrorween

Quote Originally Posted by Paulomars
    I can throw in a pennies worth here on the rocket launcher...

RL was/is designed to take out bosses, a boss should die much quicker when shot with this weapon.
    Hmm... I'll try that. I find those darn bosses to be a real pain to nail esp. when there are like 5 of them at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulomars
    Will, do you mean, that in slow motion mode the bullets pass right through them?

actually of course you do, thats what you said.. Im wondering excactly how much slower does it go for you, when you dont have the slowmo bonus?
    I can send to a screenshot with illustrations of what is actually happening. I's like the bullets are hopping(not being calculated between a specific trail), which leads me to believe that the incremenation of the shot's vector/speed -however you guys do it- is set to something a bit too high. I've really only 100% caught this wth the Automatic Riffle.

When it does slowdown, the screen it crowded with monsters(usually), but that strange sound bug where the firing sound just goes. "rupruprupruprupruprupruprupruprupruprup-BANG"

Honestly the image shows the problem better. You can see the lack of the little explosion poofs on the monster that is clearly between the bullets behind it and in front of it. Only you can see it now because the frames are flipping slower now... :/

Am I the only one that has noticed this? Because it's really cramping my score... :lol:
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Horrorween

Paulius: You've got a point about the powerups, the problem though is that, as long as it's random there will always be someone who's lucky and someone who's not.. I mean, with your example as well there is some option being lucky. The option that would be equal to all is to have the bonuses appearing in the same order, but I guess it'll be a discussion in the team at some point on what to do with it :-)

Will: I would be surprised if the bullets where hopping that much since it doesn't affect you in the beginning of the game? I'm basically only playing with the Automate, I like that weapon, and I've never missed like that so something is weird here.. But as I am at work now, I can't peak in on the code :roll:

Is that a suggestion for a new enemy by the way? "Explosion poofs" ? :twisted:

ruprupruprupruprup-BANG? hehe.. sounds like the Mudmen and a Nuke.. Now performing live "Nuke and the Mudmen!"

What's your best score Will? Last time I checked someone had gotten over 3 million points.. Is that scary or what? ;-)
    _______
    Eriken :twisted:

Horrorween

I just wanna say that it's very annoying to do a *great* score while not being connected to the internet !!! Very frustrating as you can imagine ... Here is the proof :

What do you think of this score ?

Abened, Horrorwinner

(PS : Yes, i cheated lol)

Horrorween

cool! ;-)

What did you use? ;-) Paintshop Pro Plasma?
    _____
    Eriken

Horrorween

Good game guys!

My only problem is getting my brother to stop playing it so I can use the computer.
    Signature:
    <br />This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

Horrorween

You can always tell your brother that the creators of the game wants him to get the game known in Sweden before Halloween.. Should keep him busy next week atleast ;-)

8 million people.. 5 days.. Sounds like a reality show..
    ________
    Eriken :twisted:

Blog Entries

Horrorween

I'm guessing you guys are going to try and release an update/ne version for Halloween? Progrss bars and/or little animation thingies/characters for waiting times(Internet Highscores, loading levels, etc) would be nice. If the game freezes up, how will we know?

Maybe even a few easter eggs(halloween pumpkins?)

Instead of just highscores, etc maybe Highest accuracy rating, etc? Most zombies killed, most skeletons, most bosses, etc...Most skilled with the Shotgun, etc... Most/least traveling, etc... highest body-count, etc...

Then you could also have some weapons that you have to pick-up after defeating bosses, etc... hmm... now that I think about it... shouldn't I get some sort of "prize" for beating a boss? They are so damn hard to kill at least more points or something. But then a bonus or power-up would still rock... Even up the scales...

Also adding to the idea wheel, how about a short intro to each type of monster. Or only the ones that you have fought. ie. after you die or maybe as an intermission thing(when the title screen has been left on for some time, no mouse movement)?

BTW how many levels are there in this version?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Horrorween

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    I'm guessing you guys are going to try and release an update/ne version for Halloween? Progrss bars and/or little animation thingies/characters for waiting times(Internet Highscores, loading levels, etc) would be nice. (...)
    omg, you see mates ? we only have 3 days to make that ! Hurry up !!!

There are 4 levels in Horrorween.

Blog Entries

Horrorween

Well if not Halloween, then maybe the next Friday the 13th. Or 06/06/06

Hmm... thats the only time I think that you could really symbolize it...

Unless you want to make some wacky new things for another season... ie. Christmas or Easter, New Years, etc...

lol new levels taking out posessed Santas and elves(could be D&D type elves instead) or killer bunnies...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast