Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Horrorween

Horrorween

There are loads of options.. like you being Santa Claus, and have to throw presents at kids before they reach you and kick your ass ;-)

If you want pumpkins, you should try getting to the 4th level and maybe even try it in Survival Mode :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

In the end, horror has no specific dates, you can always scare the crap out of someone, and if we manage to make a good game, I don't think people will be so caught in the date-issue ;-)

Prize for beating boss = You're still alive ;-)

Thanks for the ideas Will
    _____
    Eriken

Blog Entries

Horrorween

Well being alive is really great and all, but nothing says lovin' like a nice warm Uzi, ya know. Or a simple M-16 modification.

Umm... so what is this "Survival Mode"? I thought there was only Arcade mode? Hmm... leaking next version information are we?

Anytime Eriken!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Horrorween

Hehe, no Will, I'm leaking information about the version you've got on your pc.. Which means, you need to try to get the game modes unlocked ;-)

There are 4 levels... for each game mode ;-)

Curious? ;-) In this game curiousity will get something killed.. hehe
    _____
    Eriken

Horrorween

Not sure what the slowing down issue could be about at all, my guess is that because Will seems to be the only one with this problem so far, we can safely call it an "anomaly" cus thats a nice word

Blog Entries

Horrorween

Well I've tried the game in both openGL and Emulated DirectX modes. Smoothing on/off different screen modes.

It seems to be tied into the frame rate. Do you guys do you're collision detection when the frame it drawn or exclusively from that? Because if you're using a routine that drops frames to help keep the gameplay smooth then you could be losing checks on the colission of the projectiles, thus the problem I am seeing. Now, since I'm not using the ultra-super-duper-high-speed-wonder card that most have now-a-days I could be getting slowdowns that you guys are not.

Here are my specs of my laptop that it has been ran on:

NEC VERSA SXi Laptop
    Pentium III 800MHz
    Built-in ATI Rage 8MB AGP(apature resized to 32MB)
    DirecX 9b
    Windows XP Professional

Did I miss anything?

Anyhow, I'm looking this thing right in the face each time I play so if anything it's pretty consistant for a fluke. :?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Horrorween

You should try to increase the amount of texture memory (32 Mb should be ok, but who knows ...)

Your analysis about the collision system is correct. We'll think to fix that for a future version !

Horrorween

Yes definately lacking in Vid card memory Will.

Blog Entries

Horrorween

Well this is off-topic, but I might get one of those PCMIA video cards when they come out. Apparently they are making them to help extend the life of you're laptop. I can't recall whos making them though...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Horrorween

Sandisk maybe ? Ive seen these, but have no idea how well they would perform under video memory conditions... I dont see how this can work wonders on performance though, so as for extending the life of your laptop, I would question that, but hey, Horrorween might run better

Horrorween

Officially we passed 5000 downloads today, unofficially we've lost track long time ago since it's downloadable elsewhere too ;-)

And for those who wonders about highscore-lists and what different bonuses do, which enemies there are and other things, they can now find them on the webpage under "Highscore" and "About" :-)

Man, I can't get 5000 lights on this cake..
    _____
    Eriken

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast