Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sockets unit in Lazarus

Okay, study time =)

Alright it all seems to make sense now, at least I think it does =) only line that I can't understand is:

ServerAddr.sin_addr.s_addr := htonl($7F000001);

I think it has something to do with setting the socket address to localhost.

I looked up what Winsock, IPv4, and TCP/IP actually mean, that was a learning experience =P now I know a little more about the way networking works. Next step? No idea. Am I excited to find out? Heck yes
    Last edited by NickS; 07-03-2011 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Side note: I want the server and client to be programmed in Windows.

21 days later I feel like I've been abandoned. Have no fear, I will take the knowledge of the previous posters and adventure out into the mysterious world of network programming. Wish me luck! If you have any advice or great places to find info for noobs like me, post them here.

Thank you.

I am using synapse library for sockets myself but haven't done anything bigger with it yet. 1 problem is with my network connection which doesn't let me act as server to outside world. Smaller problem was access violation last time (half year ago or more) i tried it on Ubuntu linux, worked fine on Windows.

I imagine in your case it is a port issue. Make sure any ports you are using are open. You will need to configure your router if the ports are closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12