Thread: ZenGL and OpenGL ES

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ZenGL and OpenGL ES

So, as I said before, I started to work on OpenGL ES render. First step is initialization and some small changes in ZenGL code for adding OpenGL ES render. And when I started to work I got a problems with emulation... I was hoping that AMD Catalyst driver will provide me OpenGL ES 1.1, but it not... only OpenGL ES 2.0 and with some problems - GL_RENDER, GL_VERSION and list of extensions are empty Ok, I switched to PowerVR SDK... and OMG, it wants for libEGL and libGLES_CM old libpng12 and libjpeg6 >_< WHY? Other problem - SDK has only 32-bit libraries... After some search in AUR I found lib32-libpng32 and lib32-jpeg6. Finally I hoped that all problems are gone and I will start to work, but nope... This SDK has extension GL_OES_blend_func_separate, but I can't get functions glBlendEquation and glBlendFuncSeparate via eglGetProcAddress, seems I need to register on their forum and start yelling "WTF is this" Also, as you can see, GL_MAX_RENDERBUFFER_SIZE is much bigger than GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE, and this is also a bug of PowerVR SDK.

So, here is a mix of ZenGL and PowerVR console output. Next step will be rendering some stuff via vertex arrays
    Code:
    ==============================
    === ZenGL 0.2 (2011.02.27) ===
    ==============================
    Begin
    XOpenIM - ok
    XCreateIC - ok
    Current mode: 1920 x 1080
    Egl scizka: /usr/lib32/libEGL.so
    eglChooseConfig: zDepth = 24; stencil = 0; fsaa = 0
    vendor/shl: Imagination Technologies (Host GL: `ATI Technologies Inc.`)
    vendor/shl: OpenGL ES 1.1 ( SDK build: 2.07.27.0297)4.1.10428 Compatibility Profile Context`)
    bufek withs es1 exts: OGLES1 EXTENSIONS: GL_OES_byte_coordinates GL_OES_fixed_point GL_OES_single_precision GL_OES_matrix_get GL_OES_read_format GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_point_sprite GL_OES_point_size_array GL_OES_matrix_palette GL_OES_draw_texture GL_OES_query_matrix GL_IMG_read_format GL_IMG_texture_compression_pvrtc GL_IMG_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_OES_texture_env_crossbar GL_OES_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_OES_blend_subtract GL_OES_blend_func_separate GL_OES_blend_equation_separate GL_OES_stencil_wrap GL_OES_extended_matrix_palette GL_OES_stencil8 GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_texture_cube_map GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_OES_framebuffer_object 
    vendor/shl: Imagination Technologies (Host GL: `ATI Technologies Inc.`)
    vendor/shl: OpenGL ES 2.0 ( SDK build:  2.07.27.0297) 4.1.10428 Compatibility Profile Context`)
    vendor/shl: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00 ( Host GL: `4.10`)
    GL_VERSION: OpenGL ES-CM 1.1 
    GL_RENDERER: PowerVR PVRVFrame ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series `) SDK Build: 2.07.27.0297
    GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 2048
    GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS_ARB: 4
    GL_EXT_TEXTURE_FILTER_ANISOTROPIC: FALSE
    GL_MAX_TEXTURE_MAX_ANISOTROPY_EXT: 0
    PVRVFrameSetGlesLibraryPath: /usr/lib32/libGLES_CM.so
    PVRVFrameSetGlesv2LibraryPath: /usr/lib32/libGLESv2.so
    GL_OES_BLEND_FUNC_SEPARATE: FALSE
    GL_MAX_RENDERBUFFER_SIZE: 16384
    GL_OES_FRAMEBUFFER_OBJECT: TRUE
    Support WaitVSync: TRUE
    Screen options changed to: 800 x 600 windowed
    Average FPS: 11797
    Timers to free: 2
    Textures to free: 2
    End
    Last edited by Andru; 02-03-2011 at 01:52 PM.