Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZenGL and OpenGL ES

ZenGL and OpenGL ES

So, as I said before, I started to work on OpenGL ES render. First step is initialization and some small changes in ZenGL code for adding OpenGL ES render. And when I started to work I got a problems with emulation... I was hoping that AMD Catalyst driver will provide me OpenGL ES 1.1, but it not... only OpenGL ES 2.0 and with some problems - GL_RENDER, GL_VERSION and list of extensions are empty Ok, I switched to PowerVR SDK... and OMG, it wants for libEGL and libGLES_CM old libpng12 and libjpeg6 >_< WHY? Other problem - SDK has only 32-bit libraries... After some search in AUR I found lib32-libpng32 and lib32-jpeg6. Finally I hoped that all problems are gone and I will start to work, but nope... This SDK has extension GL_OES_blend_func_separate, but I can't get functions glBlendEquation and glBlendFuncSeparate via eglGetProcAddress, seems I need to register on their forum and start yelling "WTF is this" Also, as you can see, GL_MAX_RENDERBUFFER_SIZE is much bigger than GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE, and this is also a bug of PowerVR SDK.

So, here is a mix of ZenGL and PowerVR console output. Next step will be rendering some stuff via vertex arrays
    Code:
    ==============================
    === ZenGL 0.2 (2011.02.27) ===
    ==============================
    Begin
    XOpenIM - ok
    XCreateIC - ok
    Current mode: 1920 x 1080
    Egl scizka: /usr/lib32/libEGL.so
    eglChooseConfig: zDepth = 24; stencil = 0; fsaa = 0
    vendor/shl: Imagination Technologies (Host GL: `ATI Technologies Inc.`)
    vendor/shl: OpenGL ES 1.1 ( SDK build: 2.07.27.0297)4.1.10428 Compatibility Profile Context`)
    bufek withs es1 exts: OGLES1 EXTENSIONS: GL_OES_byte_coordinates GL_OES_fixed_point GL_OES_single_precision GL_OES_matrix_get GL_OES_read_format GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_point_sprite GL_OES_point_size_array GL_OES_matrix_palette GL_OES_draw_texture GL_OES_query_matrix GL_IMG_read_format GL_IMG_texture_compression_pvrtc GL_IMG_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_OES_texture_env_crossbar GL_OES_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_OES_blend_subtract GL_OES_blend_func_separate GL_OES_blend_equation_separate GL_OES_stencil_wrap GL_OES_extended_matrix_palette GL_OES_stencil8 GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_texture_cube_map GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_OES_framebuffer_object 
    vendor/shl: Imagination Technologies (Host GL: `ATI Technologies Inc.`)
    vendor/shl: OpenGL ES 2.0 ( SDK build:  2.07.27.0297) 4.1.10428 Compatibility Profile Context`)
    vendor/shl: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00 ( Host GL: `4.10`)
    GL_VERSION: OpenGL ES-CM 1.1 
    GL_RENDERER: PowerVR PVRVFrame ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series `) SDK Build: 2.07.27.0297
    GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 2048
    GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS_ARB: 4
    GL_EXT_TEXTURE_FILTER_ANISOTROPIC: FALSE
    GL_MAX_TEXTURE_MAX_ANISOTROPY_EXT: 0
    PVRVFrameSetGlesLibraryPath: /usr/lib32/libGLES_CM.so
    PVRVFrameSetGlesv2LibraryPath: /usr/lib32/libGLESv2.so
    GL_OES_BLEND_FUNC_SEPARATE: FALSE
    GL_MAX_RENDERBUFFER_SIZE: 16384
    GL_OES_FRAMEBUFFER_OBJECT: TRUE
    Support WaitVSync: TRUE
    Screen options changed to: 800 x 600 windowed
    Average FPS: 11797
    Timers to free: 2
    Textures to free: 2
    End
    Last edited by Andru; 02-03-2011 at 01:52 PM.

It would be really nice to see ZenGL running on Android devices
    Goodluck!

Quote Originally Posted by gintasdx
    It would be really nice to see ZenGL running on Android devices
    Maybe some day...

So, here the "next step"(at left side you can see PowerVR debugger):

Render now works(even LightEngine 2D works ), but it slower than original OpenGL render with glBegin/glEnd, so I will try to optimize it in future.
    Another problem which I got - seems Maemo don't have OpenGL ES 1.1(libGLES_CM.so), only libGLESv2.so is present... so, maybe I will think how to implement OpenGL ES 2.0, which wants shaders almost everywhere
    Last edited by Andru; 03-03-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Very Cool. I am writing OpenGL ES FrameWork,too. Can you find "libGLESv2.dylib" and "libGLES_CM_NoE.dylib" ?I search this from Google, but I can''t find it.

I also have tried to find it, but no luck. Reading the google results I can say that one of this libraries(libGLESv2.dylib) can be built from source code of Mesa and it will work in software mode. Also you can try to use iOS OpenGLES.framework(it work in software mode) which ships with iOS simulator. Anyway, developing OpenGL ES projects under MacOS X/iOS little bit harder, because this OS'es wants EAGLContext via Cocoa, which wants Objective-Pascal and so on

o, it is a bad message. EAGLContext is used by Cocoa. Carbon haven't it.

First experience with Windows Mobile. There are a lot of work to do, but someday it will work fine

Wow!!!! Very very nice!!! I will really use ZenGL for Windows Mobile ports of my games when this is ready! =)

Does this provider will allow to make games to MeeGo?

Intel is giving $500 for the first 100 programs published in the Intel AppUp for MeeGo!

Blog Entries
    Indeed, that does spark a major interest. Especially if it works on meego. (meego user here although I hate zypper/yum since I'm an APT person XD)...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by wagenheimer
    Does this provider will allow to make games to MeeGo?
    MeeGo is "just" a Linux for ARM, so I think with little modifications it will work, if there are libEGL.so and libGLES_CM.so. For now I have only Maemo SDK installed, but it doesn't support OpenGL ES inside emulator(and because of that I'm looking for OpenGL ES with software rendering like one above inside Windows Mobile emulator). MeeGo SDK seems does(via qemu-gl), but I haven't it yet. When I done bigger part of ZenGL wiki, on which I'm working now, I will allocate some time for mobile platforms, because it's really fun
    Last edited by Andru; 06-03-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast