Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZenGL and OpenGL ES

Blog Entries
    Although it is proprietary, have you had a go on vmware player? From what I've seen OpenGl plays rather nicely with it on my ubuntu, XP, DOS and fedora VMs... I figured Meego would be 'just' another linux distro but from test I did, it can do some weird things in response to normal code. Probably due to intel and co making some weird default packages. I mean, have you seen the procedure to let it play MP3 files? Its seriously wacko.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Although it is proprietary, have you had a go on vmware player?
    Nope, I don't like this VM and because of that I'm prefer VirtualBox And OpenGL just works fine in VirtualBox too.

I mean, have you seen the procedure to let it play MP3 files?
    I think this is not a problem of MeeGo. If you can compile, e.g., libmad and use it - you will be able to play MP3-files

Blog Entries
    No its not that so much as they don't include any of the repositories or dependencies for ffmpeg, gstreamer or libmad. You have to get everything yourself which is not difficult but it puts into context how much is missing since my core 2 took 50minutes to completely finish installing and compiling everything. I mean, have you ever come accross a 50min compile time for a simple codec before? Because I sure have not. The longest compiles were those for vmware and they only took 5-10mins.

Lol, now I think of it, my distribution upgrade from 9.10 to 10.04 took less time than that...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Here the first WinCE demo(software and hardware version). It must start as a fullscreen application and close by pressing Enter(joystick main button? I don't know, because I haven't device with WinCE ). Don't try to rotate device, because ZenGL for now doesn't support reposition of window. Also for now you can't(with svn version of ZenGL for WinCE):
    - use dynamic linking with ZenGL.dll
    - use units zgl_joystick.pas, zgl_textures_jpg.pas, zgl_sound.pas, zgl_sound_wav.pas and zgl_sound_ogg.pas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12