Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Delphi work really better?

Delphi work really better?

Im not sure, but i think DX works in Wine?!? im sure i saw it some where on their forums!

But of course users must have wine installed.. see http://www.winehq.org.
    M109uk
    <br />--------------------------------------------------------
    <br />www.pulse-soft.oneuk.com

then, glscene or other is not good

I dont really know, You could probably do it with GLScene
    M109uk

well u never said anything about linux use opengl then

well, opengl o sdl no?

then,

Opengl Glscene and other
    Sdl Jedi-SDL and others.

What may be use?

Im new in this world of game progamming, but im software developer. Im not afraid to a "engine" dificult.

Mi english is dangerus

If i remember GLScene uses SDL anyway, so GLScene would be the better choice to start with, and it has a lot of great features to play with.
    M109uk

finally i wil use Free Pascal.

Then, glscene is compatyble with free pascal?

Jedi-SDL is compatyble. but, Jedi-SDL is a good idea?

You'll use FP

But ... I don't really understand ... lol

Delphi can be compared to C++ because they're on a nearly equal footing ... But FP and C ! Lol ... Forget about it !

And, don't forget that neither D3D nor OpenGL will run on FP because the headers(Jedi) and GLScene were designed for Delphi, weren't they ?

Now for the comparison between C++ and delphi here is my opinion :

If you want to make games with delphi, the code will be very clean, lots of people will be able to read it, a code that compiles really fast and runs fast(if you compare to java or VB ).You will be able to port it to linux(via Kylix).

Now if you make your games with C++ : You'll have a lot more ressources than with Delphi(we are actually trying to build a "ressource centre"), you'll have a program that runs fasts. And the point really important if you want to work as a pro, is that with C++ you'll find coders to help you ... Because there's no many Delphi programmers which can code a D3D app

Now for D3D vs OpenGL :

Direct3D is a lot more complicated than OpenGL but, is still reachable for anybody. OpenGL was advised for newbies because the code was working more often. Now whatever could say people, they are very similar ... It's really simple to transform OGL code in D3D code (and vice versa)

But OpenGL can be used for Linux Not D3D . But ... If you're a beginner, I guess you shouldn't ask yourself too many things about portability of your application ! Try to make your game first Think after ^^

One last thing ! Because I see you're a beginner(no bad in it ^^), there is the most important advice ... The advice you should ALWAYS respect if you want to have a game finished : don't go too fast, before trying to make the new Half-Life, don't forget the good old "Hello World", Pong and Tetris ... If you cant make a tetris game then you'll never be able to finish a bigger project

good luck ^^
    Bye

ps : Excuse me for my mistakes ^^ Cause this is a long message so ... the function indicating the mistake is : f(x) = e^x where x is the length of the message

I think that this discussion is stupid

C++ is not faster than Delphi

why?

Because this is only language, english is faster than polish? ) Think about it!

It's better to compare compilators! For Delphi there's only one, for C++ millions. I've tested Delphi and MSVC6 in matrix calculation test(good for 3d games, where is a lot of this kind of math). Delphi was faster. But on integer values C++ was a bit(few ms on big test) faster.

Don't know why You say that Doom3 shouldn't be coded in Delphi. Have you ever tried to write Doom3 in Delphi? lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast