Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Delphi work really better?

Delphi work really better?

I think that this discussion is stupid

C++ is not faster than Delphi

why?

Because this is only language, english is faster than polish? ) Think about it!
    ?¢_~Faster?¢_T meant generating faster code.
    It's better to compare compilators! For Delphi there's only one, for C++ millions.
    Yes, but most C compilers produce code of similar speed.
    Don't know why You say that Doom3 shouldn't be coded in Delphi. Have you ever tried to write Doom3 in Delphi? lol
    I didn?¢_~t say shouldn?¢_~t, I meant that the difference in speed was insignificant unless coding something very complicated and wanting to squeeze a couple extra FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulius
    Don't know why You say that Doom3 shouldn't be coded in Delphi. Have you ever tried to write Doom3 in Delphi? lol
    I didn?¢_~t say shouldn?¢_~t, I meant that the difference in speed was insignificant unless coding something very complicated and wanting to squeeze a couple extra FPS.
    I think that it was coder fault. When code is compiler-friendly it can be much more faster than when it is c-style hardcore mess. C-style thinking about programming in Delphi is not the best way! :shock:

But I think that there's no way in this discussion! There are few stereotypes(humble delphi programmers and self-important cpp codeurs!) that can be hard to overcome!

Peace

Blog Entries

My dear friends. I have but one things to say.

:twisted: Inline ASM will kick all your asses! :twisted:

Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Well.... i have a notice.

finally i decided use Delphi. No more changes.

then, i repeat the question. The best engine3D free for Delphi that i can use for commercial games??

I would recommend GLScene, mostly because you wont have to do much if any of the hard work! And has pleanty demo programs to get you started.
    M109uk
    <br />--------------------------------------------------------
    <br />www.pulse-soft.oneuk.com

imho, i would biuld a opengl engine from scratch. more powerfull and more flexible / customizable then glscene

I agree, theres many benefits to writing your own engine, i also would prefer to write my own engine, but in some conditions its not always the best way, specialy if your a beginner or have no patience :roll:
    M109uk
    <br />--------------------------------------------------------
    <br />www.pulse-soft.oneuk.com

And, dot (Delphi Opengl Toolkit) is good?

or program Directly in opengl (is a crazy idea?)

as i know age of wonder was written in delphi....
    "With great power comes great responsibility"

The main advantage of Delphi is that programming with it is much more effective than programming with a C/C++ environment because Delphi has the fastest compiler on the planet (and therefore the shortest build-times) and the code is so nice and clean, it will help you avoid many potential bugs. (Therefore Delphi is really great for game development).

As for the graphics engine: I've played Monkey Island 4 and I don't think you will need much of an engine at all so you might as well write it yourself. All you need is to be able to import and animate 3d models of some sort. Write an MD2/MD3 loader (there are plenty of examples on the web) and you basically have your engine .
    Ask me about the xcess game development kit

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123