Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holograms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Holograms

Looks good! How does it look when you randomly move the object a little on the x plane? I think it may give it a bit of a distortion effect.

Btw, how did you do the projection lines? Is it a texture or just a bunch of lines?

Holograms

It is bunch of lines as you said
    Drawn to random vertices of model.

That "flicker" effect is 4 invisible planes filling the z-buffer. For that i had to invert modelview matrix for it to look almost same from all angles.

Holograms

Hey Traveller, excellent Competition logo. Is PGD able to use it? Have you mentioned it to WILL?
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Holograms

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    Hey Traveller, excellent Competition logo. Is PGD able to use it? Have you mentioned it to WILL?
    Thanks for the compliment!
    The two fighters were made for WILL to use in his demo. The banner was something I thought of later. I think it turned out pretty good, especially with the smoketrail and all.

But sure, you may use it for whatever you like.

Holograms

Great!! Look for it to appear on bdn.borland.com if they approve my competition announcemnt submission.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12