Quote Originally Posted by WILL
Saw the latest video, it was pretty nice. car bump and scrape noises and all.
Yeah, it drives, and audio, particle effects work, but the car itself drives and steers like a sponge

Well if others have an interest would you release the map file specs? Might help promote your game to have a 3rd party Map Editor around.
Specs are no problem at all, but i even got a excellent map editor already, and i could let people build sort of plugins for it - it would make things much easier and error-proof.

So to get more on topic of what you're doing for the game, whats left to do?
particle system is almost golden, actor state machine still need few more states, gui is gold, with only few minor things to add, car dynamics need to be completely replaced for some enjoyable driving, and the rendering of sprites has to be changed to be much faster (got it all planned), there is also some graphics media that i need to add or replace, such as new, better, more detailed with more frames renders of actor animations, missing particle effects, like smoke, perhaps better fire sprites...

Basically, this topic here is what should be used for car dynamics in TDC, but i just simply cannot get the translated code to work properly (need your help people! ):
http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...?p=33022#33022

As soon as that is done, and i implement cars driving on the roads, i'm releasing a gameplay demo, and then go implementing networking.