Thread: Graphics libraries.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ah yes, there was a problem with compatibility with older versions. But now you have support for FreePascal and Lazarus. So Delphi is not the problem anymore

Nah it supports BDS 2006, 2007, Delphi XE...... Delphi 2010 is in between 2007 and XE lol.

For some reason they haven't supported it at all. Which sucks for me because I went from D7 straight to 2010 (they also did not support D7, which is why I finally moved up....) .

I meant that you don't have to use Delphi to use Asphyre But of course if you prefer Delphi then you have a problem.

The creator of Asphyre supported Delphi 7 but then resigned because he liked the operator overloading which was included in BDS 2006.

Have you tried to compile it under Delphi 2010? Delphi XE doesn't include any new language improvements as far as I remember...

Borrowing this thread for my own query.

I'm looking for a 2D graphics library for my new project:
    - Compatible with Delphi XE, compatibility with older versions and FPC/Lazarus is a plus
    - Good GUI system is absolutely necessary
    - Unicode support

Asphyre has support for GUI but never tried it so I can't say anything more about this.

Asphyre Sphinx seems to be the latest version and it doesn't have GUI. Asphyre 4.1 has, but it's from 2007...

Sorry, I assumed that if older version had the GUI then the newer should it have too.