Thread: Graphics libraries.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I meant that you don't have to use Delphi to use Asphyre But of course if you prefer Delphi then you have a problem.

The creator of Asphyre supported Delphi 7 but then resigned because he liked the operator overloading which was included in BDS 2006.

Have you tried to compile it under Delphi 2010? Delphi XE doesn't include any new language improvements as far as I remember...

Borrowing this thread for my own query.

I'm looking for a 2D graphics library for my new project:
    - Compatible with Delphi XE, compatibility with older versions and FPC/Lazarus is a plus
    - Good GUI system is absolutely necessary
    - Unicode support

Asphyre has support for GUI but never tried it so I can't say anything more about this.

Asphyre Sphinx seems to be the latest version and it doesn't have GUI. Asphyre 4.1 has, but it's from 2007...

Sorry, I assumed that if older version had the GUI then the newer should it have too.

Blog Entries
    Are you concerned with supporting multiple platforms? Either way, have you considered SDL with OpenGL? If you have already tried OpenGL or dabbled with it, you'll be familiar with some of the concepts and SDL is great for all kinds of game input, window management and of course image format handling.

Not many '3rd party' game libraries will support multiple platforms, at least as of yet, so if that is a concern then there is almost only the one alternative SDL and OpenGL.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

The problem I used to have with OpenGL based solutions is that many people (users) did not have reasonable OpenGl drivers installed. So unless they had a ATI or NVIDIA video card they tended to have problems. How is that these days? Does windows 7 come with proper OpenGL support?
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg