Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Graphics libraries.

Blog Entries
    Ah, so I guess we would be talking sdl speeds
    It is I must say, quite a shame for OGL things are going this way... But as long as OGL is alive all is well, intel make it, ati and nvidia too so I will use it whenever I can and if your OS does not support it, you are in a minority (just windows). Get a proper OS<one that runs linux and some windows apps too. Ie. Get some Arch/buntu/suse and etc... And if you really want to spend some money then Mac can be good to
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Well I assume that most graphics cards, including internal will enable the user access to at least some reasonable OpenGL compatibility (hardware), maybe not out of the box but surely they can
    get it from nVidia, ATI and the like (especially those 2, and they are very common).

So at the very least we can refer them to get the applicable updates drivers from the appropriate card or on-board graphic manufacturer or driver support if they have issues.

So if we can't ship them, can we identify whether what they have is good enough, and if not can we accurately point them in the right direction to obtain them?

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    I can be your guinea pig? I have the latest (until Lion comes out) Mac OS X. What was left to make compatible? I assume that it was all OpenGL equivalents to DirectX, correct?
    Thanks! Right now I'm more than 100% into releasing our game, it is a very large project and there are quite some issues to solve yet with our server (right now polishing the security), but as soon as we're done, I'll get my hands into the Mac OS X port and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by vgo View Post
    I can't find a download link on the forums for that?
    It's very long thread and the link is on the last 5th page. I think you can find it here (scroll down to the end).

For OpenGL compatibility discussion: I thought on Windows Vista and Windows 7 when there are no drivers installed other than Window's default, the OpenGL is supported to the version of 1.4 with the calls being redirected to Direct3D. This is somewhat slower, but it is hardware-accelerated (theoretically) and works well with desktop composition. Or am I missing something here?
    Last edited by LP; 24-03-2011 at 05:12 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456