Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iOS Support

iOS Support

I spent a lot of time with ritual dances and launching rays of hate to Apple for their licences and finally I got FreePascal for iPhoneSim and real iOS, and also headers, which were converted from original h-files. And here the first happiness - Hello World(taken from here) with configured Makefile for automatic building and uploading binaries to iPhoneSimulator. So, I'm going to learn Cocoa API and EAGLContext for initializing OpenGL ES context For now there is only compilable core of ZenGL.

You, sir, are going to make a lot of people happy.

Maybe this topic will be something like a mini-blog Current progress is:
    - new units for abstraction from Objective-Pascal iOS-code inside ZenGL procedural code
    - logging is now works
    - ZenGL can create simple window

Next step will be mainLoop and some other stuff related to window and screen.

Awesome dude!

cheers,
    Paul

wow , i'll check this thread always

So, mainLoop is done(with quite crazy code because of iOS architecture >_<). Window now can be fullscreen and timers are working. But seems I will rewrite timers, because there are some problems with UNIX functions on iOS. GetTimeOfDay seems to work fine, but FpStat for checking if file/directory exists - is not... Another problem - there is no full documentation for Objective-Pascal with some comparisons with Objective-C constructions, and this makes hard to understand Cocoa API with only Objective-C examples in official documentation and internet.

Starting to read about EAGLContext under iOS

update: About documentation I was a bit wrong - here the comparison
    Last edited by Andru; 01-04-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Not exactly sure what this means, but I hoped to develop for iOS later down the track and if I can use the language I already am, that would be awesome!!!

but I hoped to develop for iOS later down the track and if I can use the language I already am, that would be awesome!!!
    ZenGL API will be always Pascal-compatible, Objective-Pascal is used only inside zgl_ios_* units, which are provides system part
    Last edited by Andru; 01-04-2011 at 06:32 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast