Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: iOS Support

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Ingemar

Allows your application to work on iOS-devices.

After signing you can just drag&drop your bundle to iTunes
    So... all I have to do is to figure out how to call codesign properly, and then the developer can drag-and-drop and test as much as he/she likes? Sounds pretty easy.

So, I have written the first part of the notes "ZenGL for iOS". It can be useful not only for those people who uses ZenGL A bit later I will write about compilation some of ZenGL demo.

Blog Entries
    That wiki of yours is looking pretty handy so far.

Especially the iOS section. I imagine you'll update it once the FPC team releases the 2.5.2 version of the compiler?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I imagine you'll update it once the FPC team releases the 2.5.2 version of the compiler?
    I hope so, and I hope that after official release of FreePascal 2.5.x it would be much easier for programmers to compile something for iOS via FreePascal

So, I have finished second part of those notes and put sample project for compilation and testing
    Last edited by Andru; 23-04-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Well.. as expected it does not works with XCode 4.0.2. I get this error when running finish_fpc_iphone_install.command (object file /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk//usr/lib/crt1.o was built for different arm sub-type (6) than link command line (0) for architecture arm)

Downloading XCode 3.2.6 (4.1 gb) and I will try again.

As I remember XCode 3.2.6 is also ships with iOS SDK 4.3 and this can be a problem, because parser for Objective-C headers officially can be used only with iOS SDK 4.2.
    Last edited by Andru; 23-04-2011 at 09:45 PM.

I will test it here... but anyway, where can I find XCode 3.2.5? I could not find it on Apple iOS developer WebSite.

A bit time for googling and here the result from official server(you must login first):
    https://developer.apple.com/ios/down..._4.2_final.dmg

Anyway, I will try to do something with Xcode 3.2.6 and 4.0.2 later

Some news since last time:
    - implemented touch_* functions
    - implemented virtual keyboard
    - implemented loading jpgs via UIImage(and found bug in FreePascal converting scripts)
    - implemented locking device orientation(Landscape/Portrait)
    - implemented tex_GetData via FBO

So, maybe I will release stable ZenGL 0.2.2 and development version 0.3 soon
    Last edited by Andru; 11-05-2011 at 11:02 AM.

I just remembered that your ZenGL license is LGPL. You should really consider changing the license as at the moment this only allows open-source software to be developed with ZenGL for iOS devices.
    Libraries for iOS have to be linked statically and commercial closed-source usage with LGPL libraries is only allowed if the library is linked dynamically.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast