Thread: BGRABitmap tutorial

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    I was wondering about a water or ocean type effect on the background of the form or something like that. I think I know what the answer might be though.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere View Post
    I'd like to play with this, but the FPC wiki seems to be down.
    Yes, unfortunately. You can still have a look at the bgrafunctest folder in LazPaint archive. You can find it here :
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazpaint/files/src/

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    I was wondering about a water or ocean type effect on the background of the form or something like that. I think I know what the answer might be though.
    Well, it depends. You can precalculate an ocean texture. Then, just showing it is ok. But if you want to animate it, well, it would be too slow, except maybe with a very small texture.
    Last edited by circular; 09-04-2011 at 08:11 AM. Reason: link

Thanks. How can I install that lpk package? Can I move my source files after I have installed the package? (Really annoying that I have to ask this, because all the documentation for lazarus is inaccessible. )

Update: It seems like they have fixed the problem.
    Last edited by chronozphere; 09-04-2011 at 04:13 PM.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Once the package is installed, you need to specify package dependency in the project inspector. Then you can move your project whereever you want.

I have a little problem. I want to draw a closed polygon, but it doesn't work:

Code:
    var
      image: TBGRABitmap;
      storedSpline: array of TPointF;
      c: TBGRAPixel;
    begin
      image := TBGRABitmap.Create(ClientWidth,ClientHeight,ColorToBGRA(ColorToRGB(clBtnFace)));
      c := ColorToBGRA(ColorToRGB(clWindowText));

setLength(storedSpline, 3);
      storedSpline[0].x := 50;
      storedSpline[0].y := 50;
      storedSpline[1].x := 100;
      storedSpline[1].y := 100;
      storedSpline[2].x := 0;
      storedSpline[2].y := 100;

image.DrawPolylineAntialias(storedSpline,c,1, true); //This call should draw a closed spline

image.Draw(Canvas,0,0,True);
      image.free;
    end;
    The last parameter is called Closed, so I presume that when I pass true, I will get a closed spline, but It's still open.
    Anybody?
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

It's normal. A polyline is not a closed figure. The closed parameter means that the end of the segment is closed. See here :
    http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/B...map_tutorial_6

If you want to draw a closed path, then use DrawPolygonAntialias.

By the way, naming a variable storedSpline does not automatically create a spline. You need to call ComputeClosedSpline. See here :
    http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/B...map_tutorial_7

If you feel the tutorial is ambiguous somewhere, please tell me what you suggest to add or change.
    Last edited by circular; 09-04-2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: spline

Thanks! It works great now.

By the way, naming a variable storedSpline does not automatically create a spline. You need to call ComputeClosedSpline. See here :
    Don't pay attention to that name. I was reusing that name from another piece of code that did use a spline.