Thread: BGRABitmap tutorial

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for the update! My Spline Editor project makes good use of the BGRABitmap library. I wouldn't have had such a good looking interface if you hadn't written those tutorials.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

cool

I'm looking forward to see your spline editor.

For those interested, I've added lightness shading (like Gouraud). It's on subversion. Here is screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by circular; 26-04-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Hello people,

I've added CanvasBGRA property to TBGRABitmap to allow drawing with functions that work the same as the standard Canvas but with antialiasing and alphablending. The AntialiasingMode is always taken into account and there is an Opacity property added in Pen, Brush and Font.

Question

Makes me wonder if you plan to add FPGUI framework support. It really lacks of PNG support with alpha channels.

Well in fact I don't really understand what FPGUI is. Is it like applications that run in full screen mode and that draw windows themselves, or is it a framework that use basic window functions of different platforms to render their own controls ?

Does FPGUI has TCanvas objects and use the same Graphics unit as the standard LCL ?

Does FPGUI has TCanvas objects and use the same Graphics unit as the standard LCL ?
    Yes FPGUI has own Canvas object derived from GDI. It's a GUI toolkit just like Qt or LCL. It doesn't uses Graphics unit and that's why it procures much smaller executable and it doesn't depend on GTK in Linux.

I see. Well BGRABitmap depends on standard TCanvas, Gtk and LCL, and uses types from Graphics and GraphType units. So that would be much work to make a version for FPGUI. I'm not familiar with it nor with the way it accesses to graphics. So I will not do this, I guess. But if someone wants to try...