Thread: MapleStory Project

MapleStory Project

Just share the first step of demo(only 10% progress).
    It let you view over 3000+ of super beautiful game scene/map.

Features:
    *Rendering Tiles, objects with animations.
    *Backgrounds with animation
    *NPC, Mobs, Portals
    *Monsters Move
    *Proper camera view, with limits
    *Music playing.

Compilers: Delphi XE
    2D Engine: HGE(It's Haaf's Game Engine, NOT Hadron Game Engine)
    The screenshots is real Delphi made (not official) although it 99% the same as official.
    Note: You must download the game client to run the demo, otherwise it useless.

download:

Demo App:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ew411i155c758rp

Game client:
    http://download.mmosite.com/html/1/2565/
    or
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/Support/Downloads.aspx

Screenshots:

Last edited by DraculaLin; 09-04-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    Wow, this is quite impressive. Kinda reminds me of Wonder Boy in Monsterland for the old Sega Genesis.

Where were you thinking of shopping your demo out to get the commercial version distributed?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Ummm your going to get your ass sued for copyright infringement...
    Even though you've got your own client, the art work is all property of nexon.

Quote Originally Posted by MuteClown View Post
    Ummm your going to get your ass sued for copyright infringement...
    Even though you've got your own client, the art work is all property of nexon.
    lol...saying that "copyright infringement" is sounds really like a joke and stupid(no offense).
    Just google it.You'll find a very large numbers of MapleStory relative res around the world.Such as flash,bannedStory,small game,pic ...etc.
    They(nexon) don't doing such boring thing except you make a popular private server and cause them financial loss.( The MapleStory earn over 0.2 Billion US$ every year)

The goal and purpose is showing what Delphi can do.They are all surprise and can't believe when i show the Demo to some people/some web site.
    Most of people feel amazing can't believ it made in Delphi since the real(official)MapleStory require high level technique,most talent...etc.
    It use the client data directly but other remake is extract pic,bad performance...
    Last edited by DraculaLin; 10-04-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Ah well I didn't know that it was a fan-made game and not a commercial endeavor of yours. The term 'demo' threw me off. At any rate it does look rather nice.

Hope you will be around for the 2011 PGD Annual this year that will be starting sometime in the Fall/Winter. It should be a good competition with a great theme already picked out.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Hope you will be around for the 2011 PGD Annual this year that will be starting sometime in the Fall/Winter. It should be a good competition with a great theme already picked out.
    Any hints on the theme?

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Indeed, any hints to a theme or potential themes/ideas to do with the next PGD? Looking forward to it already...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.