Thread: Lazarus 0.9.30 (Win32) Exception class 'Exception: ?'...

Lazarus 0.9.30 (Win32) Exception class 'Exception: ?'...

Hey all,
    I was wondering if any of you have seen this before with Lazarus (0.9.30, Win32):

lazarus_exception.PNG

I am trying to get the prototype for The Probe working under Lazarus, but have run into this wall...

cheers,
    Paul

Could it be related to an exception thrown outside the application? In a DLL without debugging info for example?
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

I don't know, I guess it could be

The dll I am using was compiled using D2010, but I am trying to use said dll from Lazarus...

I don't think it is possible to compile the dll using Lazarus due to compiler issues

cheers,
    Paul

I would recommend seeing if you can compile the dll under Lazarus as well. IIRC when I was using Andorra, it mentioned that the Delphi dll would not work under Lazarus. (I still think it is kind of ludicrous if this is required though, a dll should just be a dll... )

Quote Originally Posted by dazappa View Post
    I would recommend seeing if you can compile the dll under Lazarus as well. IIRC when I was using Andorra, it mentioned that the Delphi dll would not work under Lazarus. (I still think it is kind of ludicrous if this is required though, a dll should just be a dll... )
    Thanks for the tip dazappa...I will see if this can be done...

cheers,
    Paul

When blending dll's between different languages the thing to be concerned about is of course strings, and other reference counted objects. But also threads are dangerous. If you use any of this then you need to be careful
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

If its debugger related you can try turning it off, or run the application's .exe outside of Lazarus.