Thread: DelphiX screen flash when entering DX

DelphiX screen flash when entering DX

I've posted this as part of a reply but I'll start a new thread as well...

I'm having some trouble when DelphX enters Directx on some machines. I'm using 640x480x16bit.

The screen flashs (white), sometimes several times (5-6) as if it's trying to get into the correct display mode. but having difficulty.

Any ideas? Is it possible to make the background default to black rather than white? That might stop the flashing effect which looks very messy.

Thanks.

First of all it's driver related issue.
    But sure you can minimize this side effect by maximazion your window and handling WM_ERASEBACKGROUND message.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Clootie
    First of all it's driver related issue.
    But sure you can minimize this side effect by maximazion your window and handling WM_ERASEBACKGROUND message.
    DXdraw has a doSelectDriver option. Do you know if this should be set to TRUE?

And what about DirectX7Mode & do3D? Any idea what they are for? Surely do3D is not valid for DelphiX?

1) IIRC (hadn't have first hande expierence with DelphiX for a long time) doSelectDriver option forces popping-up dialog box asking user for preferred display options.
    2) I don't remember any 'DirectX7Mode' option - probably because it's UnDelphiX property.
    3) Surely do3D is valid option for DelphiX - it means what during initialization of DirectDraw - Direct3D part is also requested/initialized.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.