Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Class operators in Freepascal records like in Delphi 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by JSoftware View Post
    Replace all mentions you can find of 2.4.2 with 2.5.1, and you should be good again

Units compiled with a different version of the compiler cannot be used by the same compiler. It might be a very different PPU structure. Hence, you will also have to recompile lazarus when you've inserted the new FPC version info
    When you say replace 2.4.2 with 2.5.1 do you mean in the fpc.cfg and Lazarus options?

I did notice that there is no ...)fpc\2.5.1\source\ folder, only a ...fpc\2.4.2\source\ what do I do about that?
    Copy those files across so they can be re-compiled for 2.5.1?

There is also no make.exe for 2.5.1, only 2.4.2

cheers,
    Paul

It doesn't matter where the source is, just that lazarus is pointed to the right version. You need to point lazarus to the directory where the 2.5.1 source is(compiler,ide,rtl,packages,utils,etc)

Edit: which version of make.exe doesn't matter either
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    Ok, now I'm having another issue...it is obviously because I am using a different version of FPC to compile my Lazarus projects now, but I am not sure what to do about it

And here is my fpc.cfg file (version 2.4.2, the 2.5.1 doesn't have one):
    That's probably the problem - you need fpc.cfg for 2.5.1 because you set it to be the compiler you use to compiler projects. Just copy fpc.cfg from 2.4.2 to 2.5.1 and replace all 2.4.2 with 2.5.1. Also, point FPC source directory to your SVN checkout-ed source of FPC (the source you compile with the above batch file). That should fix the problem.
    blog: http://alexionne.blogspot.com/

Thanks guys! I used a modified copy of fpc.cfg for 2.5.1 and pointed to the 2.5.1 'source' folder...it all now works

Thanks again

cheers,
    Paul

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123