Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
You wouldnt be using a \ for folders coming from the winows world would you? a \ on unix like systems is an 'ignore next character' type thing... I would double check that they are all / . I had a very similar problem when I first moved to linux
Nope, you can see in my Tutorial source I use "map_csv.tmx" and the only thing else I tried was "./map_csv.tmx"
Quote Originally Posted by JSoftware View Post
Try to see if the .app isn't in reality a symbolic link

You should never assume starting directory on any platform
The default way Lazarus produces apps under OS X is a bit strange, but no that was not the problem I had to create the package myself though.

What Andru suggested (using a ZenGL function to get a var DIRECTORY_APP) has worked for me in this instance, at least. (Nice of you to include that!)

Victory!

As you can see, things are just a tad slow in the VM, and with no hardware acceleration it goes even slower. (It's a nice touch having a software renderer in this instance though) But, the good news is now I can compile to Win/Lin/Mac with a little effort. I only have one other project I'm working on aside from my Isolated Empire remake and port to ZenGL, so I'll post about that in a few weeks most likely.