Thread: An editor that does editable lines with snap to grid + export to text/xml?

An editor that does editable lines with snap to grid + export to text/xml?

Hey all,
    I was wondering if anyone here knows of an editor program that allows you to do (at a minimum) line primitives that you can move around/edit, and export them to custom formats like text or XML?

I am making a simple game using vector objects and thought a simple editor would be very useful. I was hoping I didn't have to re-invent the wheel and make it myself

cheers,
    Paul

I'm making a spline editor as you've probably noticed. As soon as I have released the source, you could add all the functionality you want.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

I have written sort of a line editor for my game. It allows you to draw lines and save them to a file (no .xml or .txt though). It has line snapping, but no grid snapping (there is no grid). However you can load an image in the background to draw upon. It's actually nothing fancy, but does what I need it to do. There aren't that many comments (never intended to release it), but I believe the source is pretty straightforward.
    You can download the source/bin from here and use it freely for your own projects. In case you happen to add new features, I'd appreciate it if you release them again

@chronozphere: LOL! I had completely forgotten about that...it could be very useful to look at when you are done

@Traveler: neat! I will download it and try it out...if I do any improvements I will share them with you

cheers,
    Paul