Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small .mod player?

Small .mod player?

Hi!

I'm looking for a _small_ sound system able to play mod/xm files without an external .dll file. I've been searching around for a couple of days now, with no luck All the ones I have found uses .dll's. Im trying to keep my executable at 100kb and with no external files, meaning the player shouldn't add more than 10-20kb to the exe. Could anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance.
    BK - we.create (tm)

Small .mod player?

MiniFMOD can play .XM files, is only 5k and comes with full source. You can find it at http://www.fmod.org. (Scroll down to the bottom of the downloads page.)
    [size=10px][ Join us in #pgd on irc.freenode.net ] [ Sign the Petition for a Software Patent Free Europe ][/size]

Small .mod player?

Although, it seems that is only available for C/C++ .
    [size=10px][ Join us in #pgd on irc.freenode.net ] [ Sign the Petition for a Software Patent Free Europe ][/size]

Small .mod player?

MiniFMOD was what I originally wanted to use, but I noticed, as you did, that it is only available for C++

Thanks anyway though

Guess I'm stuck at MIDI for the moment.
    BK - we.create (tm)

Small .mod player?

Try DirectMusic (part of DirectX) it does software wavetable emulation which makes MIDIs sound much better and it also has a tracker-like format. The music in Hitman: Codename 47 was all done in DirectMusic and it sounded quite well.
    DirectMusic Producer is available from the MSDN website and DirectMusic header translations are included with the JEDI ones.
    Ask me about the xcess game development kit

Small .mod player?

you might want to take a look at http://www.noeska.com/doal/almod.aspx.
    It is not finished yet, but plays some basic mod files.
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

Blog Entries

Small .mod player?

MiniFMOD is translatable! Mind you... it would be a bitch. Then again they translated Quake 2, right?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Small .mod player?

well they havnt finished translating yet

Blog Entries

Small .mod player?

Well it's easily compiled though. I've compiled a recent copy myself using Delphi 7. Ran great.

I'd actually like to see an openSource MODule playback lib in Object Pascal. I cannot believe noone has done this yet...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Small .mod player?

Thanks for all the relpies!

I've desided to use MODBass, (gives a 32kb dll though) or MIDI with DirectMusic. (At least until someone translates MiniFMOD. *hint hint* ) I'll keep searching around a bit though, and if I find something, I'll post here in case anyone else is interested.
    BK - we.create (tm)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast