Well from what we seem to be heading for we would take a look at what noeska has done with his small mod player then see if we can expand on it.

I have a ton of tech files and some source code of my own. I am willing to contribute these and some extra time to work on aspects of a MOD mixer/player that will eventually include S3M, XM and IT module formats. But, only if others will contribute aswell.

As for what you could do? Well, what can you do? In-line ASM, Audio algos, knowlage of MOD type formats, etc would be useful. I'm thinking that we should not worry about the actual playback of the audio(why re-invent the wheel?) rather we concentrate on the mixing of the audio. ie. Making a streamed output of raw audio that can be fed to a playback device or engine. This will make the project 100% cross-compatable. I don't know the best format for Kylix libraries(equivilent of Dynamic Link Library files), but if we make it a simple unit to start we should be ok.

Here's a question; Would you be willing to manage a sourceforge site for this project?