Hmm... this isn't a project that has begun yet, but what better place to see if there is an interest in this.

Please read the following threads 1 & 2 and tell me what you think of my project idea.

The idea is to take existing code from this small project on sourceforge using existing tech data and C code and create an open source Object Pascal version of a play back library that loads, detects and mixes MODs, S3Ms, XMs and ITs plus whatever else the team can think of.

The reasons are simple:

1) There fails to exist a FREE for EVERYTHING, cross-platform, mixer/playback library that can play a vast majority of module formats and produces high quality mixing output.

2) There is not an Object Pascal, open source module library that can play a vast majority of module formats and produces high quality mixing output.

3) Modules are an extreemly amazing way to include music into your games and they keep the file sizes down without having to resort to the use of heafty MP3 encoded WAV files.

Would anyone be interested in this type of project? Myself and one other would definately be a contributor to it.