Here's a question; Would you be willing to manage a sourceforge site for this project?
NO problem....

As for what you could do? Well, what can you do? In-line ASM, Audio algos, knowlage of MOD type formats, etc would be useful. I'm thinking that we should not worry about the actual playback of the audio(why re-invent the wheel?) rather we concentrate on the mixing of the audio. ie. Making a streamed output of raw audio that can be fed to a playback device or engine. This will make the project 100% cross-compatable. I don't know the best format for Kylix libraries(equivilent of Dynamic Link Library files), but if we make it a simple unit to start we should be ok.
I have enough experiance to handle most of this I am shakey with asm though. I guess it's time to learn huh? :-)
I will set up the sf project today under the possible names of openmod, or crossmod.... dunno yet but I will get that ball rolling. After the project is set up I'll have you send me the tech files through that.

Sorry about the depressing tone of my last post. I had just got off the phone with my head hunter and it sounds like I'm not going to see anything till after the new year. I've been out sense oct 30th. Anyways enough of my problems... I'll posty back here when I have the project up.

-Jeremy