Thread: Site is lagging?

Site is lagging?

I am currently experiencing 3 minute long page loads... I hope there is something that can be done to fix this.

It is not the first time also. Is it happening for you others?

Me too. It needs 30 seconds to one minute and a half to load a page.
    No signature provided yet.

Blog Entries
    Indeed it is true... Is something weird going on here? Took me about a minute to get the Whats New up... Also ping times are hovering around 125-145ms which is far from normal.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Confirmed! At some point, I even got 404's. Can somebody please take a look? It makes the site completely useless.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

I am getting bad lagging as of now (2:38 pm)...

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    OK, I can confirm it is getting worse over time despite ping times remaining steady. Likely this could be a DDOS or similar attack on PGD unless there is a hardware upgrade or something like that...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    OK, I can confirm it is getting worse over time despite ping times remaining steady. Likely this could be a DDOS or similar attack on PGD unless there is a hardware upgrade or something like that...
    Network attack is likely, but I highly doubt it's against PGD specifically if it even is one. I'm pretty sure PGD must be hosted on shared hosting, as the costs for a dedicated server are quite large

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It is pretty bad and it's been going on for quite a while... I'm trying to get hold of Savage and the hosting company to try and get something sorted. I can no longer talk to the hosts directly since they've upgraded their support system which is a pain.

I'm fairly confident WILL has probably already tried getting in touch with Savage, but I'll give it a go too, just in case.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Blog Entries
    Been swamed lately, but I've contacted Dom through Skype and MSN and announced the issue on Twitter. Hopefully that'll get his attention.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder