Thread: Elysion Framework/Library

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    cool framework Stoney, especially w/ all platform supported !
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/

There has been a new release while PGD was down.

Bugfixes:
    - Fixes a bug in which the screenshot was saved inverted (Screenshot saving is a lot smoother now, it saves the screenshot with a timestamp)
    - Added a workaround for a rare bug in a which an access violation occurred when closing the game window
    - Fixes math calculations in both TelVector3i and TelVector3f
    - Some minor bugfixes

New features:
    - Added new data type: ElysionTypes.TelSize (will replace TelVector2i in some portions of the code)
    - Added dot product calculation for both TelVector3f and TelVector3i
    - Shell script is more customizable now (only on Mac OS X)
    - Better support for Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (Shell scripts automatically detects installed SDKs and compiles against the earliest possible SDK)
    - Added a key management system
    - Added a storage system similar to HTML5 LocalStorage (based on the key management system)

We also extended the wiki a bit. Link to both download and wiki is the first post.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

keep it up !
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/

I've never had to deal with the SDL, but after finding suitable libraries, it works well. Good job!

Thanks, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by mobilus View Post
    I've never had to deal with the SDL, but after finding suitable libraries, it works well.
    There is no need to look around for those libraries, the SDL libraries for both Windows and Mac are downloadable in the Elysion wiki: https://github.com/freezedev/elysion...nt-environment
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

A new version will be released in just a few days. Just in time if anyone wants to use it for the PGD Mini compo.
    It will feature some exciting stuff: You can now add nodes (e.g. sprites, buttons, labels, etc.) directly to a scene in which case the scene automatically handles the Draw- and Update-calls of the added node. If you have some experience with Flash or Cocos2D, this will feel very familiar to you.
    You are welcome to play around with the latest development version on Github.

I also put together a custom barebone template in ~120 lines of code (including a lot of comments) for those of you who want a more lightweight template than default one bundled with Elysion: https://gist.github.com/1000772

The new version isn't released yet, because we are hardly working on building the new physics engine for Elysion. The physics engine comes with support for general forces( drag, spring forces, gravity, different materials for different objects, bouncy materials), impulses for explosions and spring physics. It interacts seamless with scene system and is highly configurable. It's also very easy to extend the physics part with new forces or impulses.

I think that I can finish the physics engine this or next week, but it's up to Stoney to release the next version. We're also working on a new scripting interpreter based on ECMA script 5 for Elysion, the script-interpreter is in experimental stage, but I think that we can show the first running scripts in the August release of Elysion. The announced new and more advanced rendering system will be released this summer, but I can't give an exact date or a release month. The rendering system will feature advanced techniques like shaders and a postprocessing framework, but will also scale to lowspec hardware like Notebooks or old computers. Elysion is growing fast this year, so try it out!

Greetings, Jesse Klugmann