Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elysion Framework/Library

Thanks, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by mobilus View Post
    I've never had to deal with the SDL, but after finding suitable libraries, it works well.
    There is no need to look around for those libraries, the SDL libraries for both Windows and Mac are downloadable in the Elysion wiki: https://github.com/freezedev/elysion...nt-environment
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

A new version will be released in just a few days. Just in time if anyone wants to use it for the PGD Mini compo.
    It will feature some exciting stuff: You can now add nodes (e.g. sprites, buttons, labels, etc.) directly to a scene in which case the scene automatically handles the Draw- and Update-calls of the added node. If you have some experience with Flash or Cocos2D, this will feel very familiar to you.
    You are welcome to play around with the latest development version on Github.

I also put together a custom barebone template in ~120 lines of code (including a lot of comments) for those of you who want a more lightweight template than default one bundled with Elysion: https://gist.github.com/1000772
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

The new version isn't released yet, because we are hardly working on building the new physics engine for Elysion. The physics engine comes with support for general forces( drag, spring forces, gravity, different materials for different objects, bouncy materials), impulses for explosions and spring physics. It interacts seamless with scene system and is highly configurable. It's also very easy to extend the physics part with new forces or impulses.

I think that I can finish the physics engine this or next week, but it's up to Stoney to release the next version. We're also working on a new scripting interpreter based on ECMA script 5 for Elysion, the script-interpreter is in experimental stage, but I think that we can show the first running scripts in the August release of Elysion. The announced new and more advanced rendering system will be released this summer, but I can't give an exact date or a release month. The rendering system will feature advanced techniques like shaders and a postprocessing framework, but will also scale to lowspec hardware like Notebooks or old computers. Elysion is growing fast this year, so try it out!

Greetings, Jesse Klugmann

Blog Entries
    Welcome to PGD!

I must say that I like the direction the Elysion library/framework is going. I've been working with Stoney on our entry and though I've not had too much of a look at the code it's self some of the way it works and the technologies it uses I either already use, such as graphics, or I've been curious about using.

How many demos and example projects is there to show off how the library works and what it can do?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Thank you!

Simplicity and rapid development were one of Stoney's design creteria when he first started to work on Elysion. The developer should focus on gameplay and not on low-level graphics programming or scene management.

There are a few OpenSource games made by Stoney over at our team-website: http://www.freeze-dev.com/category/games/

Hi!

The next release will come in the next two or three weeks. Stoney has actually two new features in work, the new spritesheet class and camera management. The announced rendering system is not going to be released with the next release, it's probably more realistic that the new rendering system will come in this autumn, but as an compensation the next release will include the first version of the integrated general purpose physics engine.

cu

I just checked out your website and saw the quote at the top:

Freeze Development - Ice-cold software, just the way you like it
    Love it! sounds like an ice-cold beer or something hehe

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    Love it! sounds like an ice-cold beer or something hehe
    That's what I was thinking
    Also I forgot the old slogan and that's what I came up with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12