Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to be using OpenGL on C++ Builder?

How to be using OpenGL on C++ Builder?

Wow if that setence isn't just hideous... anyways. I want to try and workup some demos in both Delphi and C++ Builder, except I'm not sure what I need (OpenGL-wise). Anyone care to point me in the correct direction? Can I just use the same headers that are supplied for Visual C++?

P.S. I haven't installed C++ Builder yet.
    My DGDev forum pascal syntax highlight settings:
    <br />[background=#FFFFFF][comment=#8080FF][normal=#000080]
    <br />[number=#C00000][reserved=#000000][string=#00C000]

You should be able to use the same headers fine. you could also try to install glscene with builder but as far as I can tell builder will not like it much. If you have to use the general headers then I suggest gametutorials.com for some of the gl tutorials.

-Jeremy

Blog Entries

I would recommend using SDL. Since it is available for both Delphi and C++ Builder(or any C/C++ compiler for that matter) not to mention both Win32 and Linux.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Probably, you'll have to manually disable FPU exceptions.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    I would recommend using SDL. Since it is available for both Delphi and C++ Builder(or any C/C++ compiler for that matter) not to mention both Win32 and Linux.
    Um... you do realize SDL is NOT OpenGL, SDL is it's own API and as far as I know has no 3D extensions. I could use SDL to implement OpenGL, but that still won't help if I don't have the proper headers.

Blog Entries

Well I knew that SDL was it's own API, but I didn't know about the non-3D support. Guess that doesn't help you much huh?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

SDL DOES support OpenGL!
    Home page: http://www.delphi-jedi.org/Jedi:TEAM_SDL_HOME
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Xorcist didn't mean that GL isn't supported by SDL, however SDL isn't OpenGL, you can use SDL and OpenGL together and SDL is prepared for OpenGL and comes with OpenGL 1.2 library, however SDL and OpenGL are officially two different things...
    Do it by the book, but be the author!
    <br />
    <br />Visit the Lion Productions website at:
    <br />http://lionprod.f2o.org

Thankyou Lion...

What I'm trying to say in a nutshell is... I can immediately grab the necessary header files for Visual C++ (Microsoft), but I'm using C++ Builder (Borland) and just want to know if the provided headers are the same, if I need Borland specific ones, if C++ Builder comes with it's own, or whatever else I might need to do to get OpenGL to jive with C++ Builder without running into tons of troubles.

Anyone got a link to some C++ Builder/OpenGL tutorials? Cause I've been looking and finding nothing...

Hey X

I'm pretty sure NeHe's tutorials come with C++Builder source, most of them anyway. Guess the headers would be in there somewhere :roll:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast