Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freepascal app on Android market!!

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    For me, Java is just NO. plain and simple - no java ever.
    I agree with you, totally. Awful language, combining the worst parts of C with poor performance, tedious frameworks and, worst of all, a "purity" attitude that is totally unacceptable.

And I have learned Java. I have used it in education, designed labs using it, and in two commercial projects. I know it well enough to know that it is my enemy. Java, the dark side of programming!

But nothing bad that doesn't have a bright side. If I can write for Android in pure FPC code, I believe that I can outperform the Java crowd in performance (almost without even trying), and the C crowd in productivity. The only thing I fear is that it is as hard to make a working installation as it is for the iPhone. (I have a working iPhone installation, and the process to make a new one, but it was not easy to figure out.)

It's pretty easy to make Android programs using the NativeActivity trick. It requires that huge ant build system, but once set up it generally just works

I have an example here: http://j-software.dk/android.zip
    Run lazbuild test.lpi in the jni dir, and then run ant debug/ant
    install in the root dir
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Quote Originally Posted by JSoftware View Post
    It's pretty easy to make Android programs using the NativeActivity trick. It requires that huge ant build system, but once set up it generally just works

I have an example here: http://j-software.dk/android.zip
    Run lazbuild test.lpi in the jni dir, and then run ant debug/ant
    install in the root dir
    Thanks JSoftware

So it looks like I need a arm-linux cross-compiler then for this project?

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    Thanks JSoftware

So it looks like I need a arm-linux cross-compiler then for this project?

cheers,
    Paul
    Yes precisely

Edit: You need to build a crosscompiler, and you need to get the relevant libraries from the Android SDK
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Ok, will try and build a cross-compiler, and I already have the android SDK

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Hmm... ARM cross compiler? Doesn't FPC have about 3 of those anyway?

if this is your first steps in Linux paul, I'd highly recommend a ubuntu 10.10 install, 11.04 is *cough*acceptable but caused me 2 entire reloads grr.,.. I don't know what they did to it but yeah. Oh, and I'm on the Canonical boo! side of things, that also means I hate unity and love Gnome, KDE, XFCE and (YAY) the new Gnome 3!!!! [Although I didn't get it working to good last time X/]
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    Hmm... ARM cross compiler? Doesn't FPC have about 3 of those anyway?

if this is your first steps in Linux paul, I'd highly recommend a ubuntu 10.10 install, 11.04 is *cough*acceptable but caused me 2 entire reloads grr.,.. I don't know what they did to it but yeah. Oh, and I'm on the Canonical boo! side of things, that also means I hate unity and love Gnome, KDE, XFCE and (YAY) the new Gnome 3!!!! [Although I didn't get it working to good last time X/]
    Hey code_glitch,
    I have dabbled a small bit with Ubuntu (version 9.x I think) + Lazarus in a virtual machine a while back, so I will try Ubuntu again

I just wish I had a machine I could install Ubuntu on for real LOL

cheers,
    Paul

Freepascal app on Android market

So I had to reset my android device, and when I went to reinstall all my purchase apps, one of them was the OrbLive... It shows up, but wont let me install, and when I did a search for the OrbLive, its not in the market anymore. What to do?

Blog Entries
    bump!

Sorry for the long wait to get approved...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12