OT:
Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
If you want smal sized songs you might rather use MO3 format, wich is also supportet by BASS sound library. MO3 format is actualy a lot like MOD format, except that all the samples are being compressed by mp3 compression, while MOD format uses samples in plain WAV format.

But if you realy intend to make your own way off playing songs I have an interesting idea. I was planing to do this myself but my knowledge on this area is too low.
What I was thinking is that instead of having samples stored in each song you have one master collection of samples and songs itself are just a set of instructions of when each sample must be played. This will lower the space required for theese songs especialy if they use same samples. Also since you will have all the samples loaded into memory at the same time you could easily make posible of mixing two or more songs together at any time.
Just so you know, I was allowed to use BeRo's XM player code in my game which can play .mod and .xm tracker files, so my game's exe has shrunk down from over 14MB to around 3MB! This is with increasing the music track count from 1 to 8!! (Thanks BeRo!)