Thread: nxPascal

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Decided to make another video. Combination of various features, first off background is 800x600 QuadTexture. Followed by 2 particle launchers at bottom corner, from which right side is a clone of left one. Mouse cursor drops snowflakes which have gravity applied to them. Then there are 3 trail effects also part of particle engine.

Top top it off, all of that is drawn only in framebuffer. There is a 50x50 grid of indexed GL_QUADS vertexarray, which acts as screen. This let me do a "collapse" effect at where blue trail is moving, basically the grid bends towards it like spacetime

Background music comes also from the application, by nxBass unit, that is some of BASS library simplified to OOP way of programming.
    This is all there is to it in main program, and it can handle alot of formats:
    Code:
      bassSound:=TBassEngine.Create(handle);
      if not bassSound.CheckErrors then begin
        bassSound.Add('music','data'+PathChar+'test.s3m').  Play;
      end;

Wireframe option is added to render settings. Unfortunately i can't upload engine sources yet because this broke my model demo that used placeholder particletype. 3D particle rendering isn't ready yet. But adding me to MSN or asking with private message always works and i can send anything.

Compiled demo added to attachments, let me know if there are any problems running it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by User137; 15-10-2011 at 09:09 PM.