Thread: nxPascal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Works flawless here. > 120 FPS on my 8600GT. Good job on this one.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

That seems hard-limited maybe, vsync? Mine is not forced on in driver settings. It actually has no FPS limiter, not even sleep(1), so its giving me 1500-2200 FPS.
    Forgot to mention, the grid is toggled with spacebar key.

Also i will include this demo in the nxPascal demos sometime soon, need convert the Delphi version aswell.

Seems very likely that my drivers use v-sync then. It's pretty stable around 120 FPS.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Finally got done what i was supposed to. 3D support for particle engine is there, and you can test it all. Check first post for updated links. Mainly do check the model and effects1 demos, they're quite an update to earlier ones. All demos are tested working on Lazarus and Delphi7.

Spent pretty much whole day fighting with Synapse network library I wanted to test it in action so i had to make a small "game". In the process alot of bugs got found and eliminated, and finally everything worked smooth. My test had 5 client windows connected to the same server, each with unique 2D spaceship that was showing flying on all screens. Random crashes at exit are no more.

What got me puzzled for long time was simple string comparison. In the authentication i have string1 and string2. Then string2:=string1; Now pass string1 into MaskCrypt() and i discovered that string2 changed aswell Crazy pointer logics there. So in order to copy string to another i have to do it with string2:=copy(string1, 1, 255);

New version released again, and cleaned up first post a little. I finally got the 3D model class in shape that it can be published, and i'm really happy with its potential now. Once for example OBJ is loaded in it, i can use its simple commands to convert it to W3D format, or back and forth between triangle and polygonal model classes. So polygon class supports triangulation, while both classes are able to recalculate normals based on face groups.

Some thought process also went into textures regarding models, which are now automatically freed. For example if i have 3 models that use 1 same texture, when i load them in, only 1 instance of that texture is loaded but they all use it. But only after all 3 of them are freed, then the texture is freed too.

What's next: I'm looking a bit into normal (bump) mapping with GL_ARB_multitexture, but its just not working yet. I just really have to get that done some point. Also there is a minor glitch on some test models regarding W3D and OBJ... They work in majority of cases and i fixed all crashable bugs, but there seem to be something that i miss in the W3D->PolyModel conversion because 2 of the test models shows texturemap wrong for 1 vertex. At some point i might consider 3DS format addition. Also, do not think that W3D as it is, is final model format i'll use, it is not. Just being the only format i have modelling tool for.

Another i'd like to put in is a 3D physics engine and bone animation. Have not looked into those at all yet, although there is already some bone support in the model classes.