Thread: Dreams of a Geisha

Dreams of a Geisha

The first game from Green Sauce Games, Dreams of a Geisha, debuts today on Big Fish Games. http://www.bigfishgames.com/download...sha/index.html

Dreams of a Geisha

Take a journey through the magical and wonderful world of Geisha. Help Ichisumi in this incredible adventure to reopen the temples of Geisha and restore a world of beauty and passion. Dive into this engaging Match 3 game with beautiful scenery and relaxing music. Overcome obstacles, collect puzzle pieces, and be prepared to solve challenging puzzles in Dreams of a Geisha!
    * Fantastic gameplay
    * Exciting action
    * Restore a wonderful world!

Game Trailer :

Screenshots

The Windows version is already available. Mac and localized (German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, Swedish, Portuguese, Danish and Japanese) versions will follow next. Iphone and Ipad versions will be ready soon.

The game was made using PhoenixLib and ZenGL game engines. Windows version was compiled with Delphi 2010, Mac/iPhone and iPad will be compiled using Lazarus FreePascal.

I have to thank a lot Andreas Lago, by doing all the wonderful tools for PhoenixLib that made ​​this game possible (phxImageEditor, phxParticleEditor, phxAnimationEditor, phxGuiEditor, among others), and for helping me a lot since the beginning implementing all of my crazy suggestions and requests I ever made for PhoenixLib. =)

A very special thanks also to Kemka Andrey for all the help with the ZenGL and for making the iPhone and iPad ports of the Dreams of a Geisha possible!

And a very special thanks also to Johannes Stein for for helping me with the first tests and builds for the Mac version, helped me to learn more about this operating system and making the port possible.

Congratulations.
    I just bought the game. I can't play it right now as I'm on vacation and don't have an internet connection on Windows (the UMTS software just won't work). I'm going to play it tomorrow when I get back.

What surprised me though: The last few days I looked for more information on the game and Google kept finding torrents and Rapidshare/Filesonic/etc. downloads of the beta and the final version of the game even on the first result page. So far I didn't care about too much as in my opinion not every pirate would consider to buy a piece of software anyways. I would like to hear your thoughts on that. Has piracy been a problem for you in the past?
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

My congratulations and good selling!

The last few days I looked for more information on the game and Google kept finding torrents and Rapidshare/Filesonic/etc. downloads of the beta and the final version of the game even on the first result page.
    As I know this is standard situation for many BFG games... but this is not a problem, because people who buys games - will buy it, even if there is a cracked version
    Last edited by Andru; 12-06-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Excellent work! I'd love to get this game for my iPad. My fiance likes these kind of puzzle games so I'm sure I'll get her playing this one quite a bit.

When you get Lazarus/FPC to compile for iPad, you should do a small write-up of how you went about it, in your own version of course. I think it'd be great for all those creating iOS games to share their knowledge so that more Object Pascal games can be made for the iPad/iPhone.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Anybody here does have a Mac with OS 10.4 or a PowerPC Mac?

I need to test the Dreams of a Geisha build on older Mac OS and PowerPC Macs.

Quote Originally Posted by wagenheimer View Post
    Anybody here does have a Mac with OS 10.4 or a PowerPC Mac?
    I do. I got a PowerMac G5 with Mac OS X 10.5 and some older G4 PowerPC Macs laying around. I think there is Mac OS X 10.4 installed on the older systems but I'm not sure.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Stoney...

The piracy of the Dreams of a Geisha was really high, I can find the Survey Build, Pre-Final build and the Final Build of Dreams of a Geisha in Torrent Sites!

But in my opinion, this does not affect the sales when you are using a big Publisher like Big Fish Games. Who does download the pirated version would not normally buy the game anyway, and the user base of Big Fish Games are huge. This itself already ensures good visibility and sales, even with the existence of Pirated versions.

But that would be entirely different if Dreams of a Game was self Published. It is really hard to make your game visible and popular (without a publisher) while most of the google search for your game name brings lots and lots of pirated links.

Blog Entries
    I doubt you'll have such issues with an iOS version being pirated. However there are all those jailbroken iOS devices out there.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

great work ! i'm happy to see successful projects made with our beloved language
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/