Quote Originally Posted by Almindor
Most delphi people just stick with Winshit and thats the reason to use DirectX or DelphiX. SDL comes to mind only with cross platforms, altough it's quite good if not better with combo with opengl than DirectX is(if you don't believe see UT2003)
I've seen, I believe. Almost ever commercial game that I have seen that has used OpenGL, ran extreemly well. Esp. UT & UT2003. I personally think that programmers need to think more cross-platform in coding practices, esp with all the availability that Borland has provided us with now.

Quote Originally Posted by Almindor
I actualy view C++(or C) as a bigger problem with the programming industry. It's a bloated overextended language with primitive IDEs no control and a bad pointer relationship system(not to mention references) and altough SDL itself has been(as many other things like systems) written with C or C++ I think it would end up much better written in Pascal or some other nice language. Just my 2 cents
The JEDI-SDL project is to make the wrapper or interface for the SDL library not recreate it, just to be on the same page. I never liked programming in C much myself. Object Pascal is so much easier to look through and code.