Thread: SvBasic

simvector

SvBasic

I mentioned in the SvEngine thread that things are back on track now, and I'm able to get my compiler project off the ground again. The past few days I've made great progress.

There will be several products based around our SvEngine product. We're currently developing a new language product called SvBasic. It's a modern, object oriented programming language with a syntax similar to Visual Basic.NET. It completely integrates SvEngine allowing for standalone 2D game programming. Everything is written in Delphi.

Here is a screen of the IDE being developed for it called SvBasic Develop:

The first release will be very light-weight, giving you the basics. At this point you can create/load projects, add to project, compile project to console EXE and click and goto error line. SvEngine is fully integrated and has enough features to start testing the language features. If any one is interested in beta testing, contact me.

We will post more information in the coming weeks.
    Last edited by simvector; 06-06-2011 at 02:56 AM.

simvector
    I got auto completion working finally.

simvector
    Now, you can click on a word in the editor, such as routine or method and it will try and display help for it:

simvector
    We're happy to announce that we've not gotten SvBasic to a point where we need to start getting some feedback. A test build has been prepared and if you would like to take it for a spin and give us feedback we would appreciate it very much. What we have working in this build include:

* chm help integration
    * code completion
    * param hints
    * code templates
    * All the basic editing features (copy, past, cut, indent, comments, etc)
    * Sync Editing
    * Context Help searching
    * MRU list of last 8 files
    * Only one instance of IDE can run
    * project options
    * editor options
    * code folding
    * persistence editor state (reopen file and your back where you left off)
    * Feedback dialog
    * Registration dialog
    * FontStudio
    * Print Preview
    * Printing
    * Click to goto error
    * Full intergration with SvEngine
    * Full features Basic language (similar to VB.NET)
    * Char Popup
    * Editor popup menu
    * lots more...

You can down from this link: http://simvector.com/temp/svbasic_v1.0-a1.zip (temp link)

All these areas need to be tested. Please direct feedback to the SvBasic support forum. If you need to speak in private, please email us direct and/or you can send a PM from your account on the site or use the contact form.

Again, thanks for your help.