Thread: Sushi Kart Racing

Sushi Kart Racing

Hi again, I am here to present my new project, Sushi Kart Racing, based on the characters from my last game, Sushi Quest.
    Testing again my custom engine, this time with improved graphics, featuring a mix of dynamic shadows and preprocessed lighting.

I want to release it for iPhone and Steam (Windows and Mac).
    Also does anyone know of a good distribution method for Linux?

Here's a very early video of a prototype (made only in 4 days, so it is still far from perfect)

PS: I am looking for a programmer to help improving the car physics and artificial inteligence, I've created a thread on the jobs section, in case you want more information.

Blog Entries
    This looks exciting. And I love kart racing games.

Some advice from a kart racing fan:

- Music needs to get the player in a 'fast' frame of mind.
    - Players need to feel that they are going fast or they'll get bored.
    - Variety makes these games fun and there has to be something 'different' to set it apart from the others.
    - Multi-player is a must!!! ...or people will lose interest fast. Game Center and Open Feint would both be of help here.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    How is the game coming along?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Sadly, stopped for now, I need to get more funds to continue

Blog Entries
    Ah I understand. Well I hope that you will be able to pick it back up soon. I like what you are doing with the Sushi Quest brand/universe that you are building. It's very... "Naughty Dog" of you.

One thing I did notice though and I think it might help with all of your games appeal. The colors in your games, though nice, lack a certain "pop" and I was looking at it recently and I noticed that most of all your colors are pastels and/or slightly de-saturated of color schemes. This gives you graphics and assets that will all match and blend well together, but aren't as exciting as they could be. A deep color scheme is one of those things that will attract the player's eye. Your graphics are very nice to look at and have a cute polished quality, but lack a specific burst of coloring that will add excitement and energy I think. Especially for something like a racing game where things are going by rather fast for the player and you expect the game as a whole experience to be very exciting in every aspect.

This could be something that you could try add interest to your game (as a patch/update) or a sequel to give it some brighter colors here and there to try and catch the player's eye more. It may seem like a silly thing, but I'm quite sure this is something that would keep potential players coming back to see your game videos and demos with eventual increase in purchases in the App Store.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Thank you for the suggestion WILL, yes, you're right about that, I'll try to improve it
    And right now, I'm trying to improve the compability of the game engine, to make it work with all devices, as there are lots of reports of people starting at a black screen when starting my games. After that, I will resume this one